3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2016 3:34 PM by A.T. Romano

videocamera wordt niet herkend

fritsh33640138

Mijn Canon MVX3i wordt niet herkend door Premiere Elements 14 maar wel door Windows 10. Wat kan hiervan de oorzaak zijn?

Nieuwe drivers zijn geïnstalleerd.

• 1. Re: videocamera wordt niet herkend
          A.T. Romano Level 7

fritsh

From what I have read, the Canon MVX3i is a miniDV camcorder.

Adobe removed the DV data and HDV data capture firewire feature from Premiere Elements 13/13.1 and 14/14.1.

For details, please see https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/removed-features-formats-elements.html

The last version of Premiere Elements to have this feature is Premiere Elements 12/12.1.

Workarounds for this situation are given by Adobe in the above link.

Typical alternative programs for the firewire captures that can then be imported into Premiere Elements 14 via 14's Add Media/Files and Folders/ include capture firewire with

Movie Maker

HDVSplit   HDVSplit 0.77 beta

But, be aware that you may run into firewire issues related to the Windows 10 operating system.

Please consider. If any questions or need clarification, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: videocamera wordt niet herkend
            Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Dat komt omdat het capturen van tape camera's (firewire) niet meer wordt ondersteund door E14.

Vorige poster adviseert hdv split, maar daar heb je niets aan daar het een sd camera is.

Ik zou ook niet met Movie Maker capturen daar deze dv-avi type 1 captured terwijl je beter type 2 kunt hebben.

Beste is wanneer je nog een oude versie (versie edit 12 of ouder) hebt liggen deze te installeren en daarmee te capturen

• 3. Re: videocamera wordt niet herkend
              A.T. Romano Level 7

fristsh

In my post 1, I am presenting you with an overview of the present situation with regard to Premiere Elements 13/13.1 and 14/14.1 and the DV and HDV capture firewire. I am not recommending DV or HDV capture firewire specific to your situation and/or camera. I state that in case there is a problem  with the use of the Translate button to make that point clear.

As I wrote

The last version of Premiere Elements to have this feature is Premiere Elements 12/12.1

So the choice of older version with the feature is 12/12.1 and earlier, not 11 and earlier.

There is no need to restate what I have already written and presented you with documentation on regarding non support of this feature in 13/13.1 and 14/14.1.

If you do not have an older version of Premiere Elements and do not want to invest in time and money in trying to find an older version still in stock somewhere, then movie maker can be used. Yes, it will produce DV avi type 1 instead of type 2 which Premiere Elements supports. If type 1 does turn out to present present a problem in your Premiere Elements project, then type 1 can easily be converted to type 2 using a free program called DV Date. Homepage of DVdate

At the present time, there might be some question about firewire connections and Windows 10.

Please let me know if you need clarification on anything that I have written.

Thank you.

ATR