• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't add email address - can you help?

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2016 Jan 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to move our website and email to business catalyst.  First I changed the nameservers to point to business catalyst. The website worked. Then I tried setting up the first email address but get the message "Account details for this user can only be updated via the site where it was first created".  What am I doing wrong?  What have I not changed?

When migrating an existing email I got the error mentioned. If I create a completely new email address it works.  The dns records were hosted with 123-reg, where currently we use email forwarding to route company emails to our isp's mailboxes.

Can anyone help?  I am trying to sort the migration over this weekend before we reopen the office on Monday 4th.

TOPICS
Going live

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Simon,

Is it possible to send me over a PM the details about the email address you're trying to move?

The error message you're trying to move was created on one site which was removed and then the email address was re-created on a new site using the same domain. At least this is the flow I've encountered mostly.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Cristian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines