https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=588TEdOnFS4

Here are My Pc Specs in case you need them:

Intel® Core™ i5-4460 Quad Core Processor (3.2GHz) 6MB Cache

ASUS® H81-Gamer: ATX, LG1150, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs

8GB KINGSTON DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz

2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 950 - 2 x DVI, HDMI, DP

1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 32MB CACHE

CORSAIR 450W VS SERIES™ VS-450 POWER SUPPLY

Please respond asap as i rely on this software a lot!!!

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 10 problem!
          A.T. Romano Level 7

mossm

What computer operating system?

Is this a "it worked before but not now" or a "it never worked before issue"?

Did you recently update your video card/graphics card driver version to the latest version or did you have it done for you automatically?

There is a serious issue with Premiere Elements 10 that is installed on a computer that uses a NVIDIA GeForce video card graphics card.

This has been written about for a long time.

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2014/02/pe10-nvidia-video-card-roll-back.html

The answer is not to up date the driver to the latest version, but rather to roll back the driver to May 2013.

The older NVIDIA GeForce driver versions today are often not old enough. If this is a recent problem on an previously working system, the hope is that you still have the older driver still on your computer - see (Windows) Device Manager/Display Adapter/name of your card, its Properties, the Driver tab in the Properties, and the option under the Driver Tab to Update Driver by looking on your computer.

Please consider and give more details. Then we will discuss this further based on the details in your reply.

Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

ATR

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 10 problem!
            Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

Hi ATR  I just cleared your post from the mod queue, and read the document you linked to and then this post.  Interesting stuff.   Do you know if this issue affects other Adobe apps?  I usually post in the Photoshop forum, but use Premiere Pro and After Effects, and we get a good few video related questions in the Photoshop forum.  From what I can see in the OP's short video, his issue is related to scrubbing the timeline, but it was not entirely clear.

I certainly don't see issues scrubbing the time line in Premiere Pro with my current GTX970 nor did I with the previous GTX570.  But a good percentage of the questions in the Photoshop forum are GPU related.

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 10 problem!
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Trevor.Dennis

Thanks for the reply.

The issue of Premiere Elements 10 and NVIDIA GeForce has been very specific for that combo. The problem manifests itself in a variety of obvious display issues and other subtle program performance.  Other Premiere Elements versions on that same computer are unaffected by this issue. The issue travels with the same consequences and remedy in the upgrade of the computer from Windows 7 or 8.1 64 bit to Windows 10 64 bit.  The only remedy has been roll back of the driver version to May 2013.

Neither NVIDIA nor Adobe has ever defined the cause. Based on the history so far, you are unlikely to run into this issue with any of your programs mentioned and a computer using a NVIDIA GeForce  video card/graphics card.

At its prime, this problem was so widespread that it merited a special mention at the top of the Premiere Elements Forum.

Although my dedication it essentially exclusive to the Premiere Elements Forum, I would appreciate it if you would let me know if you run into this type of syndrome for any of your programs when they are used on a computer that uses the NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card.

Best wishes for the new year.

ATR

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 10 problem!
                mossm95764940 Level 1

I am using windows 10 64 bit and Adobe worked on my old laptop but after I recently bought this computer, Premiere elements 10 just doesn't seem to work.

Happy new year,

Moss Murphy

• 6. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 10 problem!
                  mossm95764940 Level 1

My old laptop was windows 8.1 (32 bit) and it ran fine. Ialso recently installed the latest driver for my gtx 950 on my new computer

• 7. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 10 problem!
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

mossm

Referring back to the prior information that I have given you on the matter of Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce.

There is far too much information available on Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce to suggest installing older programs with compatibility mode considerations on Windows 10 to resolve the Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce problem. History is that Premiere Elements 10 on a computer that uses a NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card is in trouble. And, it does not matter if the operating system is Windows 7 or Windows 10. And, the known remedy, if still available to you, is to roll back the driver version to May 2013.

Today, the remedy might not be possible because older NVIDIA GeForce driver versions are simply not old enough. Your hope resides in the older driver still being on your computer when the older driver somehow may have gotten updated in the upgrade of operating systems in that same computer. The answer with Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce is definitely not the latest version of the video card/graphics card driver version.

There is at least one thread in this forum to support a case history with Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 10 computer that used a NVIDIA GeForce card.

Premiere Elements 10 installs on runs just fine on a computer (Windows 7 or 10) that does not use a NVIDIA GeForce card.

Have you followed through with a look at what I wrote earlier

If this is a recent problem on an previously working system, the hope is that you still have the older driver still on your computer - see (Windows) Device Manager/Display Adapter/name of your card, its Properties, the Driver tab in the Properties, and the option under the Driver Tab to Update Driver by looking on your computer.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 8. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 10 problem!
                      mossm95764940 Level 1

I have tried rolling back the driver but it only went back by one version because the version that came with my device was relatively new. If i were to buy another Adobe editing software are there any chances of the same thing happening?

• 9. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 10 problem!
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

mossm

Thanks for the follow up.

The Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce syndrome is specific for that combination.  If you had any other version of Premiere Elements on that same computer, you would not be seeing this specific set of problems (syndrome). Likewise, if you took your Premiere Elements 10 to another computer that does not use NVIDIA GeForce, you should not have this specific set of problems.

Just to make sure that we are not masking another problem under the cloke of the known Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce issue, you might consider downloading and installing the free 30 day tryout of Premiere Elements 14 (latest version). Lots of difference in it 10 vs 14/14.1, but....

But, before you do that, please confirm....did you fully explore Device Manager/Display Adapter/NVIDIA - Properties for the card, and Properties Driver Tab/Update Driver. Under Update Driver, one of the choices is "Browse my computer for driver software manually". That is where you should find the older driver that worked before it got updated automatically in your computer. As last resort, use the oldest driver version that you can find even if it is not dated May 2013.

Please update us on your progress (as your schedule permits).

Best wishes

ATR

• 10. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 10 problem!
                          mossm95764940 Level 1

Yes, I definitely fully explored device manager, display adapter and rolling back the driver but still no luck. Although I did "Browse my computer for driver software manually" and I am not sure which of these to choose or if any of these will actually work (shown in the picture)Capture.PNG

Please Maybve tell me which to use and i will also try downloading the Premiere elements 14 trial after i type this.

Best Wishes,

Moss M

• 11. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 10 problem!
                            mossm95764940 Level 1

here is some information you might find interesting: I deactivated premiere elements 10 and tried the trial verison which worked fine. Premiere elements 14 trial also works perfectly.

• 12. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 10 problem!
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

mossm

Thanks for the replies.

First targeting your latest post (numbered 11), are you saying that you deactivated Premiere Elements 10 (using project's Help Menu/Deactivate) on your computer, downloaded and installed the tryout version of Premiere Elements 10, and were able to use the Premiere Elements 10 tryout on this computer with same NVIDIA GeForce driver version as before? When you deactivated the original Premiere Elements 10, did you uninstall it also? Deactivate is not the same as Uninstall.

If all of that is the case, very interesting and first time information. Next step would be to convert the tryout into your official copy by inserting your purchased serial number into it. Now is that Premiere Elements 10 on a computer using NVIDIA GeForce card working for you? Please go back to the Device Manager/Display Adapters/NVIDIA Ge and confirm in the Properties Driver Tab the driver version and dating for what is being used by the computer.

On the other matter of trying to find the old driver (about May 2013) still on your computer...if the screenshot is for options when you requested let me choose from what is on my computer, your screenshot points to two NVIDIA drivers, each too new to work based on history.

Please consider. If you have a working Premiere Elements 10 in your computer environment, then download and installing the Premiere Elements 14 tryout is not indicated unless you have a need for some features of Premiere Elements 14.

We will be watching for further developments as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 13. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 10 problem!
                                mossm95764940 Level 1

On number 10, I deactivated but did not uninstall. I tried deactivating uninstalling and activating but that didnt work so basically the only thing that works is deacrivating without uninstalling.

thanks,

Cian Murphy

• 14. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 10 problem!
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Clan Murphy

Sorry for the delayed follow up. Got detoured.

Interesting that Premiere Elements 10 and NVIDIA GeForce latest version would not work, but Premiere Elements 10 tryout on that same computer with same NVIDIA GeForce with up to date driver did work. First report on that.

If you put your purchased serial number into the Premiere Elements 10 tryout, did Premiere Elements 10 continue to work on the computer using the NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card?

We will see if we can put more of this information together to benefit all those in the type of situation that you faced.

Please let me know if I have understood correctly what you did and achieved.

Best wishes. Sharing your Premiere Elements observations was appreciated.

ATR

• 15. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 10 problem!
                                    mossm95764940 Level 1

Hi there, when i put the serial number into the tryout it goes back to having the same problem as before.

• 16. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 10 problem!
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Clan Murphy

Very, very interesting news that Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce issue presented in the activated state but not in the tryout state.

There has got to be a significant clue in that to get at what in the interaction between the two is generating the conflict. Neither NVIDIA nor Adobe has offered any explanation for the problem and not likely to get one under the circumstances at this time with a non current Premiere Elements version (10).

I would give this a try with the Premiere Elements 10 tryout, but I do not have a computer with a NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card.

Thanks again for sharing this important information.

Best wishes

ATR