Possibly because I'm still using OS Yosemite, rather than the new El Capitan?
- Step 1 : Shut down your computer for about 12- 15 minutes.
- Step 2: Restart your computer.
- Step 3: While holding down the option key launch Lightroom and you will see a window with your catalogs in it.
- Highlight the catalog on which you work.
- Click on Test integrity of this catalog and then click open.
- Once the process is complete then click on File - Optimize catalog.
Let us know if this helps.
okay, ive completed this and it has not changed anything. LR is still not running correctly. The program will not allow me to do anything: edit, create folders, import, etc.. I even try to just drop my Macintosh HD down to view my 2015 folder and it doesnt allow me to. Everything seems to be lagging extremely bad, and this only goes for LR, all other apps and websites are running properly. rpandita
Would then suggest you to reinstall Lightroom.
By the way are you able to create folders inside your Mac HD directly using finder?
If I'm to reinstall LR, wont i lose all of the folders and photos i have in my LR app currently? Or will all of my photos remain if im to login into my same account via creative cloud?
Nope you will not loose anything, your file and folder structure is intact.