5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2016 4:09 PM by A.T. Romano

Hathi1

JanForrest

How can I save as .flv in Premier Elements 14

• 1. Re: Hathi1
          A.T. Romano Level 7

JanForrest

You cannot save as .flv in Premiere Elements 14/14.1.

That export was discontinued in Premiere Elements 13/13.1 and has remained discontinued in 14/14.1.

Removed features and unsupported file formats | Adobe Premiere Elements 13

ATR

• 2. Re: Hathi1
            JanForrest Level 1

Thank you so much.  I have downloaded a program to convert to .flv however the videos come out small (about the size of the working monitor in PE) do you know what format to save videos in initially in PE prior to conversion to .flv to make it normal size on the screen?  The videos are for an exhibition which uses 'Mowes Portable' and only accepts. flv (and .mov - but I can't get that one to be accepted).  thanks for your response.  cheers, Jan

• 3. Re: Hathi1
              A.T. Romano Level 7

JanForrest

Thanks for the follow up.

Your source video comes in various resolutions. If you want to maintain the resolution of the original, then you select that resolution in the program that you are using to convert your originals to flv files.

Premiere Elements 12/12.1 is the last version to offer Adobe Flash Video/ and the Adobe default sizes are given for FLV Web Large and Medium (NTSC and PAL)

Example of these defaults on the NTSC side of things...

FLV Web Large (NTSC Source) = 640 x 480 pixels

FLV Web Large (NTSC Widescreen Source) = 720 x 400 pixels

FLV Web Medium (NTSC Source) = 368 x 272 pixels

FLV Web Medium (NTSC Widescreen Source) = 368 x 2080 pixels

But, each of these presets has an Advanced Button/Video Tab under which you can customize the frame width and frame height and other properties of the preset.

They all appear to use the On2VP6 video codec to go with the .flv file extension.

Does the Mowes Portable device have any file size requirements?

Please consider. If any questions on the above or need supplemental information, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Hathi1
                JanForrest Level 1

Hi  ATR,

Great to hear from you, thank you for your help.  I have done more experimenting and learning heaps.

We put the exhibition together nearly six years ago now and at that time I used PE9 (which could convert to .flv).  I am not sure if this is relevant however as I am in Australia are the Adobe default sizes given for FLV for PAL the same as you have noted below for NTSC. 

The original video size is 720 x 576.  The  ‘computer’ options to save in PE14 are:  mpeg, .avi dv, .mov (but the file sizes are huge and they won’t load up quickly) .mp4, .m2t and m mv vcl.  In your opinion what would be the optimum format to save in, before converting to .flv?  I have tried them all and the best seems to be .avi followed by .mov (after conversion to .flv) then mp4 however in none of them the quality is very good.  Maybe that is the best I can get?

The instructions for mowes portable say to check that the original is 720 x 576  and a frame rate of 25 fps - which it is.  Still images from videos should be w1200px x h700px and for ordinary images w907p x h650p 75dpi and as a .jpg (screen size is 1366 x 768).  I wonder why these are different?

There is a ‘custom’ option in PE14 as well however I really do not know where to start with that one.

Cheers and thanks,

Jan

• 5. Re: Hathi1
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Jan

Good to hear from you and learn of your progress.

As for the Premiere Elements 12/12.1 and its Adobe Flash Video PAL presets defaults

FLV-Web Large, PAL Source.

784 x 578 pixels @ 25 frames per second

FLV-Web Large, PAL Widescreen Source

720 x 400 pixels @ 25 frames per second

FLV-Web Medium, PAL Source

368 x 272 pixels @ 25 frames per second

FLV-Web Medium, PAL Widescreen Source

368 x 208 pixels @ 25 frames per second

As for best format to convert to FLV....I do not have a first hand answer on that, but I have seen online preferences for H.264.mp4.

If you worked with versions of Premiere Elements earlier than 14/14.1, then you can equate 14's Export & Share/Devices/Custom and Custom's advanced settings to essentially

Publish+Share/Computer/choice like MPEG, AVCHD, etc. with a given preset and clicking on the Advanced Button/Video Tab and Audio Tab of the preset to customize the export settings rather than go with the Adobe defaults.

Regarding

The instructions for mowes portable say to check that the original is 720 x 576  and a frame rate of 25 fps - which it is.  Still images from videos should be w1200px x h700px and for ordinary images w907p x h650p 75dpi and as a .jpg (screen size is 1366 x 768).  I wonder why these are different?

I do not have any information on that. Does Mowes Portable have a forum where you can get information that goes deeper into the product? I do not know if that is a viable suggestion since I recall reading somewhere that mowes portable was discontinued.

Please consider.

Best wishes

ATR