7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2016 4:12 AM by F. McLion

Why is Lightroom so slow?

Sian Mercer

I am having major trouble with my Lightroom.  It was fine before the other week and now it is all slow.  I have to keep closing it down to get any changes to stay.  Lots of issues, extremely frustrating! 

• 1. Re: Why is Lightroom so slow?
          F. McLion Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What is your exact version of LR and you OS?

If you use LR6 / CC2015, what is the type of your graphic card?

• 2. Re: Why is Lightroom so slow?
            Sian Mercer Level 1

I am on LR5 and OS Captail.

I am not sure what graphic card is... do you mean the memory card I use in the camera?

Sorry - not very good on the technical side of things.

Since asking the question it seems to have improved - it wanted me to log in to LR mobile and now all seems ok...?!

• 3. Re: Why is Lightroom so slow?
              Peachen

Also having major problem with LR 6.3. Its slow as hell. It worked fine last week. It used to run smooth but now its impossble to work with.

I have re installed Lr but no luck , changed chace , i did a complete Windows 10  re-install. Please Help

Computer spec:

AMD FX 8320

8 GB Ram

Nvidia GTX970 GPU

Lightroom installed on Corsair force 3 ssd

Windows 10

• 4. Re: Why is Lightroom so slow?

If you are on LR5, the Graphic card does not really matter.

Can you describe what exactly is so slow? What exactly are the steps you are doing?

• 5. Re: Why is Lightroom so slow?
                  Sian Mercer Level 1

HI there,

Ok from the start as I am having LOTS of issues now!

So I usually download images straight from my camera into Lightroom.  This is not happening now - LR is recognising my camera but then telling me there are no images to import.

I have downloaded the images in Mac Photos and just tried to import them but LR is now telling me there are no RAW images!

Next when I was trying to rate the images I had managed to import into LR (previous to xmas) I would press 1 or 3 (to rate) and it would delay rating them until I moved the curser to the next image.

I then wanted to delete the low rated images, just to get into the Grid and to choose equal 1 took an age, and then to delete the images again took an age and seemed to freeze on deleting them.  I had to quit and restart again.

I edited a pic and then went to Sync it to more images, the sync did not seem to have worked, it was not showing up on the bottom picture bar.  Again it seemed to freeze when asking it do a process.

When I cropped an image, it would take the crop over to the next image!

the tools, for cropping and spot etc also have been slow and not working properly! However they have improved.

My main issue as today is not actually  being able to get my images from the camera into LR!!

So lots going on for me and LR - not a happy bunny!

Sian

• 6. Re: Why is Lightroom so slow?
                    Sian Mercer Level 1

Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 18.18.32.pngThis also keep happening - top left - Pasting Settings is frozen. Then when I nod something the black bar sits on the image I am trying to work on. 

• 7. Re: Why is Lightroom so slow?

Please try to reset the preferences and let us know if it helps: http://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/