3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2016 11:24 AM by A.T. Romano

How to make each video added in timeline as a single clip

ksdoubledrop Level 1

I updated to windows 10 and now when I pull up my projects the timeline shows each video clip split out into a ton of different clips even though I didn't make the splits. Also, when I go to add media it is automatically adding it to the timeline instead of putting it in the working box. Anyone have that issue?

• 1. Re: How to make each video added in timeline as a single clip
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ksdoubledrop

What version of Premiere Elements?

1. Unwanted video clip splitting....this is a typical symptom of the enabled AutoAnalzyer being "helpful". Turn off the AutoAnalzyer options and use the command Run As Administrator when and if needed. See right click of video thumbnail in Project Assets and selection of Run As Administrator from the choices that appear.

See Elements Organizer workspace and Edit Menu/Preferences/Media-Analysis for more current versions and remove check mark next to AutoAnalyzer choices.

2. Add Media question....are you assuring that you are working in the Expert workspace instead of the Quick workspace? Quick workspace with its Filmstrip does not have a Project Assets features...file goes directly to one of the Filmstrip scene spaces. What Add Media choice are your making?

Please consider, and give more details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How to make each video added in timeline as a single clip
            ksdoubledrop Level 1

Thank u. I got it to work. Simple mistake. It was all in my settings at top. I needed it to be off the steps and back on Expert for some reason. Sorry and thank you

Sent from my iPhone

• 3. Re: How to make each video added in timeline as a single clip
              A.T. Romano Level 7

ksdoubledrop

Thanks for the follow up.

Glad to learn that you have the issue sorted out. In the end, it sounds like the AutoAnalzyer was not involved, rather the representation of the imported video in the Filmstrip of the Quick workspace versus the Timeline in the Expert workspace.

If that was the outcome and you need supplemental information about the Export workspace and Quick workspace, please do not hesitate to ask questions or to ask for clarify.

Best wishes moving forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR