I suspect you may be experiencing one of the known activation errors for Digital Editions. Do you see a specific error message like E_AUTH_NOT_READY? If so, please review the following help document, which includes troubleshooting steps: Activation errors
Just in case this doesn't solve your issue, I'm moving this discussion to the Adobe Digital Editions forum, where the experts are best equipped to offer solutions.
Which error message you get exactly?
Thanks for coming back. I ordered an item from the USA which is in ADE format for me to see. So I set up ID etc but the document does not open on my laptop which has Vista. However, curiously, the same ID and steps taken have worked on my Samsung Tab 3 for me to open the document. I tried reinstall, 'without authorisation' , but to no avail. I am on this side of the pond, UK. Del Z made a few suggestions to de-authorise but that did not work because one can't click on the document as advised, it simply connects to the authorisation box below for the error to occur. You will also see below that the free stuff works in the library. It is only for this paid-for item there appears to be a problem.
Have you the same Adobe ID used on the Tab if its works?
Yes, the same ID used once for the Tab, but for the Tab 3 I also had to install the ALDIKO eREADER as instructed to see the document and it opens just fine.
The Aldiko Reader authoirze with your Adobe ID?
Yes, see instructions below:
FOR ANDROID TABLETS AND PHONES INSTALL 'ALDIKO eREADER':
1. To install Aldiko go to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aldiko.android
2. Click 'INSTALL', then 'ACCEPT'. It will install in a few minutes.
3. After you have installed Aldiko, open the eBook Download Link.
4. IMPORTANT!!! IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN ADOBE ID YOU WILL GET AN ERROR MESSAGE. THAT'S OKAY. Just 'Dismiss' the message, then...
5. Either 'Log in' with an Adobe ID or select 'Sign up' and follow the instructions.
6. Once you have Authorized you device, your eBook will download and you can open it.
Because I had already tried to open in my laptop but failed, I had the ID, so used it for the Aldiko and it worked...
- Close all applications.
- Choose Start > Run.
- In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
- In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
- Select the Adept key.
- Choose File > Export.
- In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
- Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
- In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.
Thanks. I intend to install as listed. It requires me to close all applications which for the moment is a bit tricky as I have numerous tabs and documents open for a project I am working on which I can't afford to close just yet. But I'll install soon and report.