15 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2016 6:35 PM by Black-White-Night

HIT road blocks - Images to Slideshow with music workflow, etc

Black-White-Night

Hello Friends at Premiere Elements forum,

BACKGROUND: Prior to this, I have performed a lot of research in the forum for what I am aiming at now. I particularly enjoyed reading the (NTSC) answers supplied by A.T. Romano, et alia. However, right know I have hit some roadblocks, and to be able to make a slideshow/video with sound, I need to ask some questions. E.g. one of the challenges is that we are using the PAL here (and not NTSC, which many of the articles above refers to).

AIM: The overall aim is to be able to come up with one or several workflows, so that I can take the family’s nature and wildlife photographs captured during a year – add music – and then encode them into a video output. Which is to be shown on HD 1080p TV (PAL).

TOOLS: (During the year we are planning on migrating to Windows 10, and the PRE & PSE13. However …) Today my status is Windows XP and PRE & PSE9.

PRESENT POSITION: I have finished all the pre-work in PSE concerning the images. And they are today all 1920 x 1080 pixels.

PROBLEM: While the Images, in the format 1920 x 1080 pixels looks grand,  the output result does not! How can I and other readers here accomplish the best viewing quality possible concerning the below?

PLEASE NOTE: I know about (at least some of) the limitations of e.g. DVD (PAL) with 720 x 576 pixels. Additionally I have earlier created a weeding video (with images and music) and cannot match the same quality today. To this, while have been using PSE for a decade, I am rather new to PRE, as well as the PRE and PSE combination. And there are things that I don’t understand yet in the latter (PRE) like Project Settings for PAL, and the output/encoding options.

So I thank you in advance for your cooperation – and I hope that my summary above will help during our continuing dialogue.

QUESTIONS to experts in Premiere Elements

(1) When I today have my nature photographs of wildlife (in jpegs 1920 x 1080 pixels), what would you choose? To use a combo with Elements Organizer + Premiere Elements – or to go straight to Premiere Elements? Please motivate.

(2) Even if I have been looking for an answer, I still have a problem concerning understanding what the Premiere Elements Project Preset is, and thus choosing the “right” Project Preset for my PAL-project. What is it for and which preset do you suggest that I should chose, in order to achieve the best quality of the displayed output?

(3) I know today, that the wish is to show the final video (based on JPEGs and music), from my DVD-player, on the family HD 1080p PAL TV! How may the optimal PAL workflow look then: From import of still images 1920 x 1080, PRE Project Preset … to a DVD-disk? Here are places where I get stuck in the workflow and cannot continue.

(4) I have heard that even if DVD PAL is 720 x 576 pixels, it somehow can get stretched to match the 16:9-format! How does that work in practice in PRE? Any specific settings that must be enabled in PRE?

Thank you for your cooperation concerning achieving the “best quality” for me and other readers!

• 1. Re: HIT road blocks - Images to Slideshow with music workflow, etc
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Black-White-Night

At the onset, you will be limited resource wise because you are using Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 as a 32 bit application.

1. With photo slideshow, I would work in the Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Editor Timeline workspace with a project preset =

PAL

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p25

And, then import your 1920 x 1080 photos.

Preview in Edit area monitor using Timeline rendered content

2. For export...

Disc

DVD disc with preset = PAL_Widescreen_Dolby DVD.

With this setting, your end product is PAL DVD-VIDEO widescreen on DVD disc....720 x 576 which is stretched by a 16:9 flag to about 1050 x 576 for display after encoding. Try to keep the duration of the Timeline content so that, the burn dialog Bitrate reading stays 8.00 Mbps and not much less (with check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space") just before you hit the Burn button.

The project preset set in the new project dialog should match the properties of your source media. The project preset directs the program to give you the correct space in the Edit area monitor for editing purposes. In the settings suggested, the project preset will give you a 1920 x 1080 space for your 1920 x 1080 source photos....no black borders. The project preset also directs the program as to what set of disc menus you will have for a theme in the disc menu customization area.

It has been reported by several that the choice of the DSLR setting offer the sharpest image in the end product DVD-VIDEO on DVD. Let us see if that happens for you. Please consider the following on a mini test run and then go full speed ahead if it works for you.

Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

ATR

• 2. Re: HIT road blocks - Images to Slideshow with music workflow, etc
            Black-White-Night Level 1

Hello A.T. Romano,

Thank you for prompt and informative response. Wish to convey that it is grand to hear the following, when you write:

"Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask"

As I have used PSE over a decade, but am rather new to using PRE stand-alone (without the PSE and PRE combo), I likely will have further questions. Please note, I will always have done research to solve them first myself (in order to respect everyone's time).

---

I will contemplate your written words to me, this to make them justice. In the meanwhile I have the following questions based on my present video-project with Premiere Elements:

(1) If I understand you right, for my next still image to video project, you see no advantages with continuing using the Organizer-Premiere Elements combo? There are more advantages with importing my images directly into PRE.  Is that so?

(2) Today my first sub-target is to develop a widescreen MPEG-2/DVD-video, on DVD+R disc, for our PAL TV 1080p. This with the "best" quality/viewing experience obtainable for the DVD-format. (Okay?)

Background: I have read Hunt's article that it's more favourable to perform the resizing in PSE (of camera JPEG:s) than in PRE during encoding.

- CONCERNING OBTAINING THE BEST QUALITY: Do you (or anyone else) believe that it worthwhile to, instead of the 1920 x 1080 px JPEG:s which I  have created already, have images pre-adjusted to the DVD-format (720 x 576 PAL) in PSE?

- If yes, it is time well spent, should the 16:9 ration then be: e.g. 1024 x 576, 720 x 324 pixels or something else?!

(3) For the video project above (which FYI involves digital paintings and lines) there is a rather little problem of changing the proportions - to fill up the PAL TV 1080p for best viewing experience.

But how about a camera output in 4:3 or 3:2 - where the proportions need to be fixed (they can only be "downsized")? How would the "right" settings be then -  from the PRE Project presets - to the DVD+R disc - for viewing on a PAL TV 1080p?

---

Thank you for your cooperation and inspiring words again:

"Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask"

It is very thrilling to learn more about this world of PRE.

• 3. Re: HIT road blocks - Images to Slideshow with music workflow, etc
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Black-White-Night

Exploration and experimentation are great, but there is the other side of the coin which involves letting us help you when you get into one of those time consuming blocked moments.

1) If I understand you right, for my next still image to video project, you see no advantages with continuing using the Organizer-Premiere Elements combo? There are more advantages with importing my images directly into PRE.  Is that so?

If you are talking about now with your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 and Elements Organizer 9.0/9.0.1 Slideshow (with Output = Edit with Premiere Elements), then Elements Organizer slideshow is a worthy contender - pan and zoom, fit slides to audio, and the integration with Premiere Elements Editor are all speaking points for its use for creating the slideshow. A major perk of this integration is that the use of the Output = Edit with Premiere Elements allows you to use the Premiere Elements command "Break Apart Elements Organizer Slideshow" in Premiere Elements to allow for significant edits of the Elements Organizer slideshow within Premiere Elements Editor. On the other hand, sometimes there are transfer issues between the two parts of this integration team, and you might run into pan and zoom effect that did not travel well, videos that need to be edited in the Editor anyway, and audio that is better placed in the Editor. The Elements Organizer 13/13.1 and 14/14 concept.is a different species than in 9.0/9.0.1....essentially canned themed slideshows and Output as AVCHD.mp4 720p or 1080p file saved to the computer hard drive. No control over pan and zoom. Less control and less slideshow editing opportunities than 9.0/9.0.1 Elements Organizer Slideshow. For these newer programs - no contest - I would point to the Editor for the creation and output of a slideshow.

(2) Today my first sub-target is to develop a widescreen MPEG-2/DVD-video, on DVD+R disc, for our PAL TV 1080p. This with the "best" quality/viewing experience obtainable for the DVD-format. (Okay?)

Background: I have read Hunt's article that it's more favourable to perform the resizing in PSE (of camera JPEG:s) than in PRE during encoding.

- CONCERNING OBTAINING THE BEST QUALITY: Do you (or anyone else) believe that it worthwhile to, instead of the 1920 x 1080 px JPEG:s which I  have created already, have images pre-adjusted to the DVD-format (720 x 576 PAL) in PSE?

- If yes, it is time well spent, should the 16:9 ration then be: e.g. 1024 x 576, 720 x 324 pixels or something else?!

I would go with 1920 x 1080 16:9 photos into a project with the project preset = PAL/DSLR/1080p/DSLR 1080p25. The DLSR setting should get you the sharper image in the playback of the end product disc.

For export - Share/Disc/DVD disc with preset = PAL_Widescreen_Dolby DVD. The preset is not user adjustable. You will get 720 x 576 16:9 @ 25 interlaced frames per second (the image will be stretched by the 16:9 flag to 1050 x 576 for display after encoding. You can create the higher resolution product AVCHD on DVD disc to get 1920 x 1080, but, although you can create the AVCHD on DVD with a regular DVD burner, the AVCHD on DVD disc does not playback on a regular DVD player. For AVCHD on DVD disc, you need Blu-ray player that supports AVCHD DVD or one of those multi media player with AVCHD DVD support.

(3) For the video project above (which FYI involves digital paintings and lines) there is a rather little problem of changing the proportions - to fill up the PAL TV 1080p for best viewing experience.

But how about a camera output in 4:3 or 3:2 - where the proportions need to be fixed (they can only be "downsized")? How would the "right" settings be then -  from the PRE Project presets - to the DVD+R disc - for viewing on a PAL TV 1080p?

To be addresses after you read through the rest above.

Please let me know if I need for me to clarify any of this. A lot to sort through. The above is essentially addressing your Elements 9.0/9.0.1 workflows but some mentions can be carried over to later versions.

ATR

• 4. Re: HIT road blocks - Images to Slideshow with music workflow, etc

Hello again ATR,
                As a token of appreciation concerning your informative and prompt reply, I send you this interim message directly.

I will now contemplate your answers in order to do them justice. However I can directly state, among other things, that I am especially happy about you conveying vital experiences, concerning using the Organizer-PRE combo vs PRE stand-alone. What made it especially vital was the too, the comparison between:

- Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 and Elements Organizer 9.0/9.0.1 Slideshow (which I utilize today)

and

- The Elements Organizer 13/13.1 (which I plan to start using during this year.)

Due to you mentioning a new to term to my, the 16:9 flag, I looked it up and had an initial good read about it. (I must say that these are interesting and most challenging topics to learn about. That is good.)

Concerning my questions (3) you wrote: "To be addresses after you read through the rest above."

To let you know, that is most fair!

Thanks again for inspiring words: "Please let me know if I need for me to clarify any of this."

Best Regards

• 5. Re: HIT road blocks - Images to Slideshow with music workflow, etc
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Black-White-Night

Thanks for the replies.

Back  to

Video display aspect ratios are typically 4:3 or 16:9. Your high definition is 16:9.

To avoid, black borders for the 4:3 or 3:2 photos imported into a 16:9 project, the photos should be cropped resized. This can be done one at a time with the Crop Tool in Photoshop Elements (one example). In this case, you want to crop as well as resize to avoid distortion that may happen if you just resize. You can also import the 3:2 or 4:3 photo as is and then scale it in the Edit area to fit the 16:9 space in the Edit area monitor that got placed there by setting the project preset...essentially "zooming" and the consequence of cutting out portions at the edges. The photo frame aspect ratio of 3:2 is more for printing rather than video.

Your focus needs to be on 16:9 images, 16:9 project settings, and 16:9 export.

If you have a mix of photo and video, one approach is to set up the project settings based the video properties and then fit the photo size to that setting.

You might want to consider the details that I wrote in the following regarding all the advice one gets about photo size for Premiere Elements projects....

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: About Recommended Photo "Do Not Exceed" Pixel Dimensions

Lots to consider on the path to decide what works for you.

Best wishes

ATR

• 6. Re: HIT road blocks - Images to Slideshow with music workflow, etc

Hello ATR and Everyone,

An interim message. This post is to say that I appreciate you coaching in order to expand my deeper knowledge regarding Photoshop Elements - to also include Premiere Elements and video, which I am rather new to.

To let you know: You posted your latest post Jan 6, morning (our time here). Before noon the same day I read it, and I have then reflected on it, and then read it again. Please view this as the compliment it is! I also believe that our talks here can be of value for more than me.

Your wrote: “Lots to consider on the path to decide what works for you.” You are very true. I recall when I began with PSE ten years ago. It was a challenge too, and at the same time stimulation. I see the new journey to with PRE as equally valuable and interesting. Hope that the feedback above may be stimulating in return to receive for you!

---

I have during the last days thought about your suggestions concerning “tactics” of approaching PRE and video.

In order to respect your and my time here, I have reviewed my present aim and have concluded that it is still most vital! The aim of exploring two workflows (or more if needed) for Premiere Elements/video.

That is:

(A)    The first, with input of 16:9-cropped and “downsized” camera images. Output: video in different formats (DVD, Blu-ray ...) displayed on TV PAL Full-HD 1080p.

(B)    The second, with input of 4:3 (and maybe sometimes 3:2) non-cropped/minimally cropped and downsized images “directly” from the camera. Output same as above. I.e. output: video in different formats, displayed on TV PAL Full-HD 1080p.

I then of course, accept the black boarders, one to the right and one left of the image; when presented on a TV PAL Full-HD 1080p.

I have analysed the workflow need, and see a number of advantages for having (at least) these two.

Any advice or thoughts?

---

Your words and my own contemplation, have resulted in that I believe that it is good idea to first explore the 16:9-workflow. And then the 4:3 (3:2)-workflow.

(Any thoughts?)

---

It is as you suggest: “Lots to consider …”.

I value this possibility, in order to be able to use the Adobes Premiere Elements product in the future. I also truly believe that more than I, will have use of the cooperation here. This due to the fact that, both to answer and to formula the questions are challenges.

I’ll be back. NOW I AM OFF to doing mini-tests with the 16:9-workflow as you suggested. Thank you ATR.

• 7. Re: HIT road blocks - Images to Slideshow with music workflow, etc
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Black-White-Night

Thank you for the replies. I am very pleased with your enthusiasm and eagerness to learn more and more about your video presentation tools to get the best possible results. The mini test runs are important, and you are doing that.

It is always the hope that our work will be more creativity than troubleshooting. But, remember, if you run up against a workflow block, we appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance to get you moving forward in your Premiere Elements projects.

We will be watching for your results as your schedule permits.

Best wishes

ATR

• 8. Re: HIT road blocks - Images to Slideshow with music workflow, etc

Hello ATR and Everyone,

That is stimulating and good to learn:

A.T. Romano wrote:

Thank you for the replies. I am very pleased with your enthusiasm and eagerness to learn more and more about your video presentation tools to get the best possible results. The mini test runs are important, and you are doing that.

It is always the hope that our work will be more creativity than troubleshooting. But, remember, if you run up against a workflow block, we appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance to get you moving forward in your Premiere Elements projects.

We will be watching for your results as your schedule permits.

Best wishes

I am now for your information, progressing with the mini-tests for the 16:9-flow which we agreed upon. I find it valuable in several dimensions to perform them .

In connection with the workflow we are exploring, I have few brief questions which I have not found answers to yet. As the answers will have a clear impact on the workflow, could you assist me please:

Brief but Vital Questions

1a) As I view it (but I stand corrected if needed, with a smile) every or many times when one import video clips – and then export/encode – you lose quality. (Similar to saving JPEG:s several times in Photoshop.) Is that so or can it be avoided?

If one has got four sub-sets of DVD vob:s, is it possibility to assemble them with PRE into one vob movie – without losing any quality? (How?)

1b) If the answer is no on “1a”, is there a better way (I guess it then need to be) to approach this, if you would need to work with different parts of the slide-show movie and not lose quality?

2) If you first encode a DVD to Folder (and receive the .vob:s) - is it then possible to burn to a DVD-disc with this result in Premiere Elements? Or do you need to use another tool (like Ashampoo, PowerIso)?

3) Is it valuable and safer to first create an image (of type ISO or BIN/CUE) of the DVD vob:s – before you burn to disc? Can you do this in PRE or to you need an external tool? What is your opinion.

Thank you for your informative and prompt cooperation ATR!

• 9. Re: HIT road blocks - Images to Slideshow with music workflow, etc
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Black-White-Night

1a) As I view it (but I stand corrected if needed, with a smile) every or many times when one import video clips – and then export/encode – you lose quality. (Similar to saving JPEG:s several times in Photoshop.) Is that so or can it be avoided?

If one has got four sub-sets of DVD vob:s, is it possibility to assemble them with PRE into one vob movie – without losing any quality? (How?)

All video undergoes degradation with repeated re-encoding. The degree depends on the number of re-encodings and the format of the video. DV AVI is supposed to undergo less in this regard than other formats.

If you have a DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc and you want to rip/copy the DVD video files for use in a Premiere Elements project, best possible results, the Premiere Elements way to go. You would insert the DVD disc in the burner tray and use Premiere Elements Add Media/DVD camera and computer drive/Video Importer to get the VTS_01_1.VOB and whatever in the series into the project as the separate DVD VOB files. Those individual VOBs are your source media for the project with the DV Standard or DV Widescreen project settings. For a variety of reasons, one might want to merge all those VOBs seamlessly into one DVD.vob file and then import the DVD.vob file into the Premiere Elements project. I have described the how to for that in the following link

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: DVD-VIDEO/Seamless VOB Ripping

I have not done this in Windows 10 64 bit yet.

The above should get you the best result possible. Your individual DVD VOB files are MPEG2.VOB. Some would tell you to use the MPEG2.VOB as MPEG2.mpg. I have never needed to do that in Premiere Elements.

2) If you first encode a DVD to Folder (and receive the .vob:s) - is it then possible to burn to a DVD-disc with this result in Premiere Elements? Or do you need to use another tool (like Ashampoo, PowerIso)?

Premiere Elements (any version) cannot burn to DVD disc the burn to folder's VIDEO_TS Folder or the burn to ISO Image .iso file. You need 3rd party software for that....ImgBurn (Windows Only) et al.

3) Is it valuable and safer to first create an image (of type ISO or BIN/CUE) of the DVD vob:s – before you burn to disc? Can you do this in PRE or to you need an external tool? What is your opinion.

Iso file can be convenient to have. Many who do not have a Blu-ray burner create the Blu-ray ISO Image in preparation to the day when the Blu-ray burner arrives.

Again, 3rd party software to take the .iso file to disc. Note: In Premiere Elements 14/14.1, there is no more burn to folder. And, there are those who would encourage multiple storing of important projects. Also, consider using the Project Archiver/Copy Project option for convenience if you have to edit that DVD-VIDEO project at a later date - here you have the project file plus all its source media and assets.

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Archiving projects

Just be careful with menus and Project Archiving.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Archiving Projects With Disc Menus

Please consider.

ATR

• 10. Re: HIT road blocks - Images to Slideshow with music workflow, etc

Hello ATR,

An interim letter to stay connected and to let you know concerning our cooperation:

Right now I am reading, considering and continuing with the PRE mini-tests. And will be back with further questions for sure. - Additionally FYI, you posted

Thank you for a selection of PRE-links well chosen. I'll be Back.

• 11. Re: HIT road blocks - Images to Slideshow with music workflow, etc
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Black-White-Night

Great forward progress report. Thanks for the update.

The "please consider" is meant to give the reader lots of free space in which to explore.

Best wishes

ATR

• 12. Re: HIT road blocks - Images to Slideshow with music workflow, etc

Hello ATR and Everyone,

I am back as promised

I value your words:

After been running the mini-tests, reading and contemplating, I have some questions concerning the 16:9-workflow. However I will here focus on your latest fine rely to me!

1a) ... If one has got four sub-sets of DVD vob:s, is it possibility to assemble them with PRE into one vob movie – without losing any quality? (How?)

If you have a DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc and you want to rip/copy the DVD video files for use in a Premiere Elements project, best possible results, the Premiere Elements way to go. You would insert the DVD disc in the burner tray and use Premiere Elements Add Media/DVD camera and computer drive/Video Importer to get the VTS_01_1.VOB and whatever in the series into the project as the separate DVD VOB files. Those individual VOBs are your source media for the project with the DV Standard or DV Widescreen project settings. For a variety of reasons, one might want to merge all those VOBs seamlessly into one DVD.vob file and then import the DVD.vob file into the Premiere Elements project. I have described the how to for that in the following link

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: DVD-VIDEO/Seamless VOB Ripping

I have not done this in Windows 10 64 bit yet.

The above should get you the best result possible. Your individual DVD VOB files are MPEG2.VOB. Some would tell you to use the MPEG2.VOB as MPEG2.mpg. I have never needed to do that in Premiere Elements.

I have to rephrase the question here as my scenario was slightly a different. - However "no harm done", because you taught my something else which I have thought about and which will be useful in the future; i.e taking several sub-vobs and merging them into one vob.

1) When we now are taking about this I would like to learn from your experience by asking: How precise is the technique you mention above? What is your experience: If you have e.g. two sub-vobs - with one total audio track and one video - and would like to merge them together, will one hear/see a click/spike in the area of the merge or not? If so, is it then better to have a muted sound and a black video section at the merge?

My scenario and wondering is the following, I am now working a video (incl. audio). To try to make it more efficient I would like to work with parts of the total film. Is it a recommended or not recommended idea (based on quality, etc), to work with on part and encode it into a (sub)vob ... then work with the next part and encode it into a (sub)vob ... and so on; then take the sub-vobs and assemble them together? - Key here is to not loose any viewing quality.

With that process, is it possible to add (DVD) menus, markers, etc, so that the whole and single vob on the DVD-disc will contain them? So that you will be able to use them when playing on DVD-player?

I appreciate the link: ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: DVD-VIDEO/Seamless VOB Ripping

Then:

Premiere Elements (any version) cannot burn to DVD disc the burn to folder's VIDEO_TS Folder or the burn to ISO Image .iso file. You need 3rd party software for that....ImgBurn (Windows Only) et al.

Thank you for confirming this.

2) You may know this already however if you don't, I wish to give you something back as a former IT-staff. Do you have any other propositions (except for ImgBurn? ImgBurn is very much discussed within the community now due to the risk of PUP:s (Potentially Unwanted Programs). (I know that some does not care about PUP:s but many in the IT-community do.))

To continue:

Iso file can be convenient to have. Many who do not have a Blu-ray burner create the Blu-ray ISO Image in preparation to the day when the Blu-ray burner arrives.

Again, 3rd party software to take the .iso file to disc. Note: In Premiere Elements 14/14.1, there is no more burn to folder. And, there are those who would encourage multiple storing of important projects. Also, consider using the Project Archiver/Copy Project option for convenience if you have to edit that DVD-VIDEO project at a later date - here you have the project file plus all its source media and assets.

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Archiving projects

Just be careful with menus and Project Archiving.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Archiving Projects With Disc Menus

Again great that you to your answers added the links!

3) For a person who uses burn to folder for the majority of the projects like me this is of course sad news ... Or is it? What do you believe based on your experience?

3b) Is there a workaround for this? Do you know?

3c) As a former professional systems designer, I see the importance of final archives and multiple storage.

You wrote in the text above: "there are those who would encourage multiple storing of important projects." With its connection Premiere Elements, can you elaborate some please?

---

Best wishes to you too. Back to the mini-tests, etcetera!

I master PSE well. It is know so stimulating to begin to learn more about its sibling Premiere Elements.

• 13. Re: HIT road blocks - Images to Slideshow with music workflow, etc
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Black-White-Night

Good to hear of your progress and enthusiasm for your explorations and experimentation with Premiere Elements.

1. The merging of individual DVD video files into one "DVD.VOB" file is a pre-import step. Timeline markers are set and movie menus created.in the project with the DVD.VOB source file.  I have never seen the Command Prompt technique with more than just the DVD video files. You might be interested in merging of non DVD video files based on this principle.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Seamless File Merging Before Import

2. The concern for unwanted baggage continues for those program which are used frequently in conjunction with Premiere Elements workflows and troubleshooting. Some write about ways to minimize the risk.

One needs to weigh the need and alternatives carefully.

3. There are still ways to obtain the VIDEO_TS Folder from the .iso file produced by 14...if you have a virtual burner (like Phantom Burner), you can right click the .iso file, select Mount in Phantom Burner, and then go to the Phantom Burner drive to open it to view and obtain the VIDEO_TS Folder. Also see

http://files.clickdimensions.com/esriukcom-abwvd/documents/welcome/download/step_5_how_to_ extract_or_mount_an_iso_image_…

4. Backups

Copied Folder from Project Archiver Copy Project option

Saving of VIDEO_TS Folder, iso file, BDMV Folder

and these items saved more than once to USB Flash Drive, disc

Storage of source media independently

Please consider and then let me know if you need supplemental information.

Best wishes

ATR

• 14. Re: HIT road blocks - Images to Slideshow with music workflow, etc

Hello ATR and Everyone,

Thank you for prompt response again.

You also wrote the following:

Good to hear of your progress and enthusiasm for your explorations and experimentation with Premiere Elements.

I truly appreciate the above. It makes it more stimulating to learn Premiere Elements!

Here I will focus on my issue number 1a) above:

You wrote:

1. The merging of individual DVD video files into one "DVD.VOB" file is a pre-import step. Timeline markers are set and movie menus created.in the project with the DVD.VOB source file.  I have never seen the Command Prompt technique with more than just the DVD video files. You might be interested in merging of non DVD video files based on this principle.

I value you providing more information about this scenario. I will need to rephrase me question once more. That said (a compliment) I haven't thought about nor clarified this scenario earlier. When evaluating it, I conclude that I'll have most use of it ! Grand too, you highlighted that this is a Pre-import step - because it made it easier for me to grasp the scenario even further.

---

Back to the vital solution which I'm aim at. What I'm asking for concerns our present workflow, still. That is the 16:9 still images to 16:9 DVD-disc (with video and music).

My AIM is to accomplish an efficient workflow when working with Premiere Elements.

EXAMPLE:

(a) At the beginning of each created video in the future: I have four images (and one sound) which I plan to - reuse - as a "videoclip". (Similar to what we see in many professional movies.) This videoclip will comprise information regarding, who made the slideshow, a logo which I made in PSE, etc. My aim is to create this "videoclip" only once - and to re-use it to streamline the future work in PRE.

(b) Then I'll create the (unique) slideshow movie; with 200 still images (in 16:9 which we talked about earlier) and music. To make the work easier in the workflow, my aim is to divide the 200 images and music - into suitable and separate videoclips (like the chapters of a book).

(c) At the end of each video: My aim is to reuse the videoclip from the beginning (above). And to do so in every future movie creation.

(Please ask me if you need some more information.)

QUESTIONS:

- So what is the most efficient way to accomplish the above? Which also includes, not having to encode more than once, thus maintaining the viewing quality? Is a good idea to work incrementally with one subchapter at the time and one sub-vob - which also includes encoding to a DVD sub-vob; then when every sub-chapter is ready - add menus and assemble everything to the final movie?

Is the above a good and feasible approach, e.g. to be able to re-use the intro part and ending part above? Or are there a better ways to accomplish this?

Please share your view.

Thank you:

Best wishes

• 15. Re: HIT road blocks - Images to Slideshow with music workflow, etc

Hello Everyone,

First while waiting for a reply to my question above (Jan 22, 2016 5:49 PM, etc) - I have now solved it during these weeks by researching the matter.

Then ATR appreciate your support on my quest concerning the 16:9 to 16:9 Premiere Elements workflow for DVD/MPEG-2. I have performed live mini-projects and I have now arrived at a conclusion. Are you interested to hear how it went with the PRE workflow?

Best wishes

ATR

All the Best.