3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2016 11:15 PM by Conrad C

Adjusting margins in LR print module?

Larry Petroff

Trying to print in Lightroom CC. I would like to print two 5x5 images on 8.5x11 paper. The Print Module in LR does not allow me to space the two images farther apart than 0.19". LR has locked the bottom margin on the page at 0.56". When I click on it and change it, it resets to 0.56 and gives me an error message that "a value between 0.55 and 10.25 is required". I can't figure out how to change this margin so I can space my images farther apart. Is this something you can answer?

• 1. Re: Adjusting margins in LR print module?
          Mrinmay Majhi Adobe Employee

Hi Larry,

Which version of Lightroom are you using?

Which operating system are you using?

Which layout have you selected?

Could you please post a screenshot of Lightroom interface with the panels opened?

~Mrinmay

• 2. Re: Adjusting margins in LR print module?
            wobertc Adobe Community Professional

My example setting suggestions-

Layout: Single Image/Contact Sheet-

Images cropped 1:1

"Zoom to Fill" -unchecked

"Cell Spacing" changes the space between!

ScreenShot186.jpg ScreenShot188.jpg

• 3. Re: Adjusting margins in LR print module?
              Conrad C Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Larry Petroff wrote:

LR has locked the bottom margin on the page at 0.56". When I click on it and change it, it resets to 0.56 and gives me an error message that "a value between 0.55 and 10.25 is required". I can't figure out how to change this margin so I can space my images farther apart.

This is often a symptom of not being specific enough in Page Setup.

Click the Page Setup button at the bottom left corner of the Print module and do the following:

1. Make sure the exact printer you are using is selected. If Printer is currently set to "Any Printer", it's using generic margins instead of the exact printable area of your printer.
              2. Make sure the correct Page Size is selected. Many printer have multiple choices for each size and each size has different printable margins. For example, if your printer has page size choices like Letter - Sheet Feeder, Letter - Borderless, etc. you have to choose the one you really want to use.

I have an Epson printer. If Page Setup is set up to "Any Printer" (which is wrong) the allowable minimum margins are 0.25 in, 0.56 in, 0.25 in, 0.25 in. with a maximum margin of 0.19in between cells. If I choose my exact printer (Stylus Pro 3880)  the margins become 0.13" all around and two 5x5 prints are possible with a larger margin.