3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2016 6:56 AM by Steve Grisetti

Premiere Elements - questions before purchase

WorshipJozin

Hello, I'm considering to buy Premiere Elements since there is now the discount when I buy it together with Photoshop Elements (which I will probably also need). From what I saw so far Premiere seems very good to me (compared to Corel VideoStudio Pro that I use now) but I don't have much time to try it out until the special offer ends and right now I'm also waiting to receive money for some previous projects that I did so I would need to buy maybe later and still have the discount available. Also, I'm wondering what the functional difference is between Premiere Elements and Premiere Pro. And is there a version of Premiere Pro that is not part of the Creative Cloud but an installation that I pay for once and just get the software? And one more question: if I buy your software for a PC, do I get a chance to use it on a Mac if I choose to switch? Thanks for answers.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements - questions before purchase
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

When you buy the product, you can use the same activation on either a Mac or a PC.

Premiere Elements and Premiere Pro are very very different programs, so there's no comparing them. Premiere Pro is a professional program and includes features for editing professional video formats as well as high-level editing tools and the ability to interface with programs like Photoshop Pro and After Effects CC. Premiere Elements is a hobbyist and semi-pro program that's designed to be easy to use and to edit consumer formats like AVCHD and smartphone video.

If you'd like to see Premiere Elements in action, I have a free 8 part Basic Training tutorial series that should give you a nice overview.

*** Premiere Elements Basic Training***

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements - questions before purchase
            WorshipJozin Level 1

Thanks for the answers. In the meantime I was researching a little bit too so I got to understand the difference between Premiere Elements and Premiere Pro. I even downloaded the trial of Premiere Elements and it seems very user friendly (compared to Corel VideoStudio, which is interesting because a friend who is much more experienced with video editing recommended VideoStudio over Premiere Elements to me). Anyway, I would still like to ask about the discount (together with Photoshop Elements) because I'm not so sure I'll be able to make the purchase by 7 January (and for the regular price, Premiere Elements is quite expensive compared to VideoStudio which still works).

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements - questions before purchase
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

This is a user to user forum, not Adobe, so I don't know what the discount is you're referring to or where you're buying your programs from.But if there's a discounted price for the bundle, I'd definitely go for it!

Well, assuming you're editing consumer video, like AVCHD or smartphone video, of course.