• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Won't allow typing in Captivate trainings

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2009 Feb 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate output is not allowing typing in fields. I have a training swf from Captivate3. In the swf, I enter text where I should. As soon as I sent it to Presenter, the text fields allow entry, but can't type in them. Any thoughts?
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2009 Feb 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known issue. One work around it to put a link to the Cp project in the Presenter deck. Then with the Cp piece published directly to Connect the user will get a new window that opens and they can interact with the Cp project as intended. The one trick to know here is to set the Cp project to close when finished (not fade to white as is the default), so that when the user finishes the interaction the window closes and they are right back on the Presenter slide (which has a wait for user command of course) an they can click play to continue on.

The other option is to build the informational slides in Captivate and just use Captivate to pass along the information.I would stay away from importing the PPT deck into Captivate as you lose quality and control, but Captivate should be able to do almost everything that Presenter can do in PPT.

Jorma@RealEyes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 12, 2009 Feb 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try publishing Captivate project for Flash Player 9 and then insert that using Presenter .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2009 Feb 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for everyone's response here. Leo wins the prize on this one. I published using Flash 9 and it works great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rats! I tried republishing my own Captivate 3 training/simulation using Flash 9, and then reinserted into my PPT using Presenter 6 but the text entry box in the Captivate SWF still can not be typed in when published using Presenter 6.

Any more ideas? I actually logged a ticket about this with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 13, 2009 Apr 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JLTX,

If not mistaken, Pres 6 won't output to flash player 9.  What you may have to do is try publishing your Captivate content to FP8.  Give that a shot.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

By FP8 do you mean Flash 8? Since I already tried publishing my Captivate 3 file in Flash 9, why would going back to Flash 8 help if Pres 6 can't publish using the newer Flash versions (not sure what version it does publish in)?

So are you saying that by using say Presenter 7, the text entry boxes work becasue it publishes using a newer Flash product?

Thanks for the insights - Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's exactly what I'm saying.  The reason why Leo's suggestion to TMP's initial question works is b/c TMP is outputting Presenter 7 content.  In that environment, P7 publishes to a more recent version of the flash player.  Not so with P6.  As a result, if you publish Captivate content targeting the newer flash player, P6 won't be able to keep up with that.

The result: an inoperable Captivate file.

Setting your Captivate going back to player 8 *should* work b/c P6 will only output the earlier versions of the flash player.

Rob

http://www.robrode.com/yabb/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources