5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2016 9:23 AM by A.T. Romano

Missing DVD-drive

Wolfgang 34

Installed system:  Hardware: I7, 1 DVD-Drive, 1 Blue-ray-Drive  Software Win 10, Adobe Premiere Elements 13;

If Premiere is started and video loaded and prepared for release, next step is to put the results on a disk ("publish and release " would be the translation from German into English, I don`t know, how this in named in the english version of the software) Three chioces: DVD, Blue-ray, AVCHD. Blue-ray and AVCHD work find, but with DVD I have a problem. Thougt the DVD can be seen and used directly under Win 10, Premiere Elements 13 cannot detect this drive. Driver update done on a regular basis. Win 10 also up to date. Any idea what to do?

• 1. Re: Missing DVD-drive
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Wolfgang 34

Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on Windows 10 64 bit

If you cannot do Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc, does the burn to Folder (4.7 GB) work to give you the saved folder with the VIDEO_TS Folder?

Have you tried the uninstall the usual Control Panel way/free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts) CCleaner - Free Download - Piriform

re-install with antivirus and firewall disabled. If you did not want to go to that just yet, then consider first deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and, in the 13.0 Folder, is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. Make sure that you are working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the path given.

Please explore the problem with and without disabling the following preference

Edit Menu/Preferences/General and "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher)"

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer, and are you running the programs as administrator?

Recently when I was in a bad situation with Premiere Elements on Windows 10 (burner not recognized), what worked for me to get it recognized was giving the drive a new drive letter in Computer/Manage/Disc Management. But, that was for the whole and not just DVD in the choices of DVD - AVCHD - Blu-ray.

Remote possibility - right click the desktop icon of the program, select and apply Run As Administrator.

The above represents an assortment of troubleshooting (some more relevant than others). The problem that you present is not usually an easy one to resolve.

Please consider, supply more details, and then we can decide what next based on your details and results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Missing DVD-drive
            Wolfgang 34 Level 1

Dear ATR,

thank you for your quick respond. I burned in folder and this worked. I could run the DVD out of this folder with VLC media Player.

Than I tried to burn the content on a DVD. It did not work. So, this is a Win 10 problem, which may have also an effect on Adobe Premiere 13.

My current problem is solved because I created a blue-ray with Premier 13 and than converted this with AVS Tools into a DVD. This worked fine though a strait-forward approach would make life easier.

I will continue to work on this and will keep you informed.

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Wolfgang 34

Von: A.T. Romano 

Gesendet: Montag, 4. Januar 2016 16:24

An: Wolfgang Trommer <w.trommer@t-online.de>

Betreff:  Missing DVD-drive

Missing DVD-drive

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/8353638#8353638>

• 3. Re: Missing DVD-drive
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Wolfgang34

Thank you for the update with your results.

We will watch for your progress as your schedule permits.

If you have not already, you can take the VIDEO_TS from the Premiere Elements burn to folder into the free ImgBurn program to obtain your DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc. It would be interesting to know if that works.

How to burn a DVD Folder with ImgBurn - AfterDawn: Guides

This can be done without creating an empty AUDIO_TS Folder to include in the ImgBurn for this project. The AUDIO_TS Folder typically is done if there is a disc compatibility problem with the DVD player.

But, our goal will be to get your Premiere Elements burn to disc DVD-VIDEO to work for you.

Best wishes

ATR

• 4. Re: Missing DVD-drive
                Wolfgang 34 Level 1

Dear ATR,

with your help it now works to bypass my APE 13 problem. I followed your proposal to create an ISO-file (4,7 GB). This file I than burned with win 10 to my DVD. Works perfect, thanks to your help, I can now live with this bypass to the still unsolved problem that under win 10 my APE 13 does not detect my DVD drive but detects my blue-ray drive.

I think this is a job for Adobe service in case other people have the same problem.

Many thanks again for your quick und successful support.

Regards

Wolfgang 34

Von: A.T. Romano 

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 6. Januar 2016 14:46

An: Wolfgang Trommer <w.trommer@t-online.de>

Betreff:  Missing DVD-drive

Missing DVD-drive

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/8361996#8361996>

• 5. Re: Missing DVD-drive
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Wolfgang 34

Thank you for the reply with the good news that the burn to DVD-VIDEO ISO Image worked for you to resolve your immediate problem of obtaining a DVD-VIDEO on DVD. Unfortunately all the most frequently used solutions for burn to disc in Premiere Elements 13/13.1 are not working.

There is a flaw in Premiere Elements 13/13.1 burn to ISO Image relating to .iso file size and whether or not the disc produced with it will work. That problem is gone in Premiere Elements 14/14.1. ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 13: ISO Image File Size Issue

But, this seems to impact more the Blu-ray ISO Image and AVCHD ISO Image.

Also note, in 14/14.1, there is no more burn to folder option.

As your schedule permits, please update us on your progress.

Best wishes

ATR