7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2016 12:10 PM by warrenc1701023

How do you configure Lightroom to show synced videos?

warrenc1701023 Level 1

I'm running Lightroom cc and noticed that my synced videos do not show up in the catalog: 'All Synced Photographs'.  Perhaps the catalog name is explanation enough but if videos do not appear there, how does one configure an All Synced Videos or update the Photographs catalog to include videos?

Thanks,

-c

• 1. Re: How do you configure Lightroom to show synced videos?
          khatwani Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi

Greetings!!!

What is the exact workflow ?

Share the complete detailed steps.

Regards

Jitendra

• 2. Re: How do you configure Lightroom to show synced videos?
            john beardsworth Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'm not sure what you are asking.

You cannot currently sync videos from your Lightroom catalogue to devices. However, videos imported directly into Lightroom Mobile or Lightroom Web will be synced. This last point means you can shoot videos on a phone or tablet, and they will then be imported into Lr Mobile and will sync down into your Lightroom catalogue. It also means that Lr Mobile can import videos that got onto the device by some other way, eg by Dropbox.

So if you have a video in your catalogue and want it on your devices..... Make a copy of it, save the copy to Dropbox, on the device save it into the camera roll or whatever it's called on Android, and then import it directly into LrMobile. Obviously that's not ideal.

• 3. Re: How do you configure Lightroom to show synced videos?
              warrenc1701023 Level 1

Jitendra & John,

Thanks for your replies.  My scenario is taking videos from mobile devices and moving them into Lightroom on my desktop.  Here is my workflow:

1) On iPhone6+ running iOS 8.4.1 with LR Mobile (up to date).  Click Add Photos and select a video.

2) Wait.  Side comment:  LR mobile gives a quick notification that the upload was done but when you click on the cloud icon at top of screen it conveys the message: Uploading 1 Pending... for awhile.

3) if I look on lightroom.adobe.com I see that the video has been loaded - good.

4) On my desktop version of Lightroom, iMac running El Capitan and LR cc trial version downloaded a couple days ago I look for the video and cannot find it.  Per original post, I have been looking in the Catalog section under "All Synced Photographs".

note:  If I select a photo from that same device and click to Show in Folder, I can see that the video is on the iMac.

Thanks,

-c

• 4. Re: How do you configure Lightroom to show synced videos?
                khatwani Adobe Employee (Admin)

Please check lightroom.adobe.com that whether your video has been uploaded there or not ?

• 5. Re: How do you configure Lightroom to show synced videos?
                  john beardsworth Adobe Community Professional & MVP

warrenc1701023 wrote:

Jitendra & John,

Thanks for your replies.  My scenario is taking videos from mobile devices and moving them into Lightroom on my desktop.  Here is my workflow:

1) On iPhone6+ running iOS 8.4.1 with LR Mobile (up to date).  Click Add Photos and select a video.

2) Wait.  Side comment:  LR mobile gives a quick notification that the upload was done but when you click on the cloud icon at top of screen it conveys the message: Uploading 1 Pending... for awhile.

3) if I look on lightroom.adobe.com I see that the video has been loaded - good.

4) On my desktop version of Lightroom, iMac running El Capitan and LR cc trial version downloaded a couple days ago I look for the video and cannot find it.  Per original post, I have been looking in the Catalog section under "All Synced Photographs".

note:  If I select a photo from that same device and click to Show in Folder, I can see that the video is on the iMac.

Thanks,

-c

That's all fine. Step 3 is important, as it proves the video made its way to Adobe's servers. At step 4, which can be immediate or take a day or two, have you looked in Folders panel and specifically at the "drive" for your phone? I assume you already looked at the collection which was specified in step 1?

• 6. Re: How do you configure Lightroom to show synced videos?
                    warrenc1701023 Level 1

Good news/bad news: 

Good news: The videos sent from my iphone make their way eventually to my imac file system.  They sit alongside the picture files in a directory that appears to be embedded in a LR catalog file.

Bad news:  I cannot find see them within the LR program.  Within LR, If I click on the Catalog titled "All Synced Photographs" I only see photos from the same embedded directory.

How can I see the video clips in the LR program?

Thanks,

-c

• 7. Re: How do you configure Lightroom to show synced videos?
                      warrenc1701023 Level 1

Found it.  Thanks.  My folder view changed over the past couple days, not sure why.  When I posted it had many repeated entries for the same folder.  Now that is cleaned up and I see the unique folders for the mobile devices I'm syncing to LR.

Thanks for your help.

-C