1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 23, 2016 5:36 AM by A.T. Romano

Installing Premier Elements 14 and catalog conversion

SLawrence

I have PSE 13 installed.  Just purchased Premier Elements 14 and on installation this wants to convert my existing catalog for use with Premier 14.  Will this interfere with my PSE 13 Organizer?  How do I handle this catalog issue?

• 1. Re: Installing Premier Elements 14 and catalog conversion
          A.T. Romano Level 7

SLawrence

Converting the Elements Organizer 13/13.1 catalog in Elements Organizer 14/14.1 should not interfere with Elements Organizer 13/13.1 catalog. The Elements Organizer 13 catalog will continue to exist as original after that conversion, typically now the name of that 13/13.1 catalog has a number after the conversion.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/common-catalog-issues-upgrade-elements.html

Consequently, you should end up with the Elements Organizer 13/13.1 as a catalog opening in Elements Organizer 14/14.1 and the original Elements Organizer 13/13.1 catalog, content as before.

If you have any slideshow projects in the 13/13.1 catalog, during conversion they will be accepted by Elements Organizer 14/14.1 only after you agree to allow your 13/13.1 slideshow format to be converted to the new 14/14.1 format which is dramatically different.

Please consider. If you have any questions or need clarification before you do the conversion, please stop and ask.

Thank you.

ATR