7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2016 12:32 PM by Obi-wan Kenobi

Lettered List Not Restarting After Break in Paragraph Style

ab45251174

Hello,

Working with InDesign CS 5.5, created a custom paragraph style, shown below:

Capture.PNG

The first set of items represents the beginning of a paragraph style featuring a lettered list.

This list is followed by any amount of paragraph text (a separate paragraph style).

This is then followed by the same paragraph style as before featuring a lettered list, BUT instead of starting at a, it begins with the letter following the last letter in the previous instance it was used.

AKA, I created this image at the bottom of my document as an example, but below is how it currently exists and how it should look:

HOW IT IS NOW:

a. Item 1A

b. Item 2A

c. Item 3A

d. Item 4A

e. Item 5A

A filler paragraph in-between of varying length.

paragraph body text.

f. Item 1B

g. Item 2B

h. Item 3B

i. Item 4B

j. Item 5B

-------------------------------------------------------------

HOW IT SHOULD BE:

a. Item 1A

b. Item 2A

c. Item 3A

d. Item 4A

e. Item 5A

A filler paragraph in-between of varying length.

paragraph body text.

a. Item 1B

b. Item 2B

c. Item 3B

d. Item 4B

e. Item 5B

I have also enclosed an image of my paragraph settings, but I have tried altering all of these to no avail at one point or another.

Capture2.PNG

The only thing that prompted any degree of change is altering 'Mode:' to read 'Start At' and setting it to '1', yet this changes all instances of the list to read as below:

a. Item 1A

a. Item 2A

a. Item 3A

a. Item 4A

AND SO ON

What settings do I need to change to have the list break after every instance of usage. E.G. after each section of the document it is applied to, how can I get it to restart to 'a.' and then continue on to 'b.', etc. while not carrying through all instances of using this paragraph style throughout the entire document. Thank you in advance for your help.