Get you the error when try to open the eBook or Download?
I cannot download the book.It looks as if it is in my Adobe Digital Editions account, but when I click to open on my computer it says "unable to download. Licence service communication problem".
I tried to transfer the supposedly downloaded book to my eReader, and when I click on it it says "Oops! This document couldn't be opened.. protected by ADRM".
Do you used Windows or Macintosh?
I use Windows 7
- Close all applications.
- Choose Start > Run.
- In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
- In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
- Select the Adept key.
- Choose File > Export.
- In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
- Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
- In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.
I solved the problem yesterday myself by unauthorizing ADE from my desktop computer (which runs Windows 7), uninstalling ADE, and installing it on my laptop, which runs WIndows 8.1. I had no problems downloading my books on the laptop. After spending at least 10 hours on this problem I am not going to load ADE on my desktop computer again and try your fix - this has been way too frustrating.
The error seems only on the Desktop device.