5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2016 8:23 AM by A.T. Romano

Every time I attempt to export a project my computer crashes (Shuts down).

ExBlue

Every time I attempt to export a project my computer crashes (Shuts down). It appears to cut the power.  The computer always restarts.  Premiere 14 is the only program this happens with on my computer.  I'm running windows 10, 16 gig of memory, 8 core amd 4.0 ghz.

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated!

• 1. Re: Every time I attempt to export a project my computer crashes (Shuts down).
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ExBlue

Premiere Elements 14 on Windows 10 64 bit.

Have you updated 14 to 14.1 yet from an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

What are the properties of the Timeline that you want to export? What is your project preset?

What are your complete export settings under Export and Share?

Lots more questions and answers but let us start here. I will revisit your thread in the morning morning to work through this with you then.

ATR

• 2. Re: Every time I attempt to export a project my computer crashes (Shuts down).
            ExBlue Level 1

Yes I am working with 14.1

It occurs no matter what export I have tried.

The last I used was the following:  quick export 1280 x 720, 2.41gb file size, 54 min (+ a second or 2)

mp4 format.

It will begin the render then start on the task and normally not more than 5 minutes in, the computer just shuts off... (never seen this before)
            I hit the power button and it boots up like normal.

I have also attempted to shut down all non essential processes before running it including my Avast antivirus and Back Blaze back up system.

my video card is an amd Radeon R7 200 series running software version 15.12  Crimson software edition.

I'm running two monitors currently on my system.

• 3. Re: Every time I attempt to export a project my computer crashes (Shuts down).
              A.T. Romano Level 7

ExBlue

Thanks for the reply with important troubleshooting information.

If you have not already, please explore each of the following for troubleshooting purposes

a. Remove check mark next to the "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics and newer)" preference found under Edit Menu/Preferences/General.

b. Export 1/2 the Timeline content - do the crashes still occur

c. Disconnect one of the two computer monitors.

Let us start here and then decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Every time I attempt to export a project my computer crashes (Shuts down).
                ExBlue Level 1

Turning off the hardware acceleration did not do the trick alone.  computer still crashed.

I then however,  went in and shut down cortana, and went into the power setting of the computer

increased the minimum computing level to 20% rather than 5,  I turn off all the power saving items I could find.

hard drive spin down set to 200minutes (I couldn't get never to work), monitor shutdown set to never,

I also closed down my Avast and cloud drives and any other program I could find on my task bar.

I also went into the graphics card and turned off all excellerations for "gaming" (virtual super resolution, GPU Scaling, set Scaling mode to Preserve aspect ratio).

Not very scientific I know but I was able to get results with this.  I rendered and saved with the quick export setting then entire video.

I will experiment with turning on items as I go.

Any input on you have on what I did that needs to be undone or further items to try I would appreciate.

Also is my graphics card to old and outdated?  If so do you have any recommendation to upgrade it?

I do not game on the machine I do a lot of photographs and am starting to get into video. 

thanks for your help!

• 5. Re: Every time I attempt to export a project my computer crashes (Shuts down).
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

ExBlue

Thanks for the reply with great troubleshooting results which should prove a valuable contribution to the Premiere Elements troubleshooting virtual toolbox.

I would target the video card/graphics card, its driver version, and its relation to your dual monitor setup. Except for Premiere Elements 10 on a computer that uses a NVIDIA GeForce card, most NVIDIA and ATI cards should work OK with Premiere Elements. But, because of game consideration, I would consult with the card manufacturers for the best card for you.

Right now, just get the present card's driver up to date and determine the impact of that on your Premiere Elements situation.

Premiere Elements does not support CUDA. And, you will only get Premiere Elements 13/13.1 and 14/14.1 Hardware Acceleration for rendering, playback, and export (according to Adobe) when your computer uses an Intel HD Graphics 2000 and newer card.

As your schedule permits, please update us on your progress.

Best wishes

ATR