Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Word 2016 crashes during PDF creation

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Windows 10, Office 2016, Acrobat DC Pro

I have a large number of Word docs to convert to PDF. The vast majority convert just fine, but there are a handful that crash Word during the PDF creation process. It happens toward the end of the conversion when it's applying tags. If I uncheck the accessibility/tagging box before creation it will finish correctly.

I've tried them on 2 computers with Office 2016 and Acrobat DC Pro. Both crash.

I tried them on a computer with Windows 7, Office 2010, and Acrobat 11 Pro. They convert without issue. No crashes.

But I really need to figure out why it's crashing on the Win10/Office2016 boxes.

I'd be happy to upload an example document but this forum doesn't seem to have an option to do so, unless I've missed it.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an example document. Anyone from Adobe? Please help.

https://goo.gl/RKYkpQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi penneybc,

Make sure Acrobat DC is updated to the latest version Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader.

Open Acrobat DC, navigate to Help menu & Repair the Installation.

If the issue persist, Repair MS Office 2016.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC is updated to latest version 15.006.30097

I ran repair of both Office 2016 and Acrobat DC Pro.

Still unable to created tagged PDF.

Please note this is happening on all computers with Office 2016 (both 32-bit and 64-bit) & Acrobat DC Pro.

There is no problem with Office 2010 and Acrobat XI.

Can Adobe staff please download my example file and test in environment with Office 2016 and Acrobat DC? It will fail conversion when accessibility/tags box is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, not really the latest version. But the latest you'll get if you don't subscribe. Don't know if it is fixed in the subscription ("continuous") version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK...so I how do I get this resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I got the same problem.

Windows 10, Office 2016 ProPlus, Adobe Acrobat DC Standard Version 15.010.20059

PDF maker crashes when creating pdfs. I really need the program to run for my work!!

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This is a known issue with Office 365(2016)'s latest update. We have logged a bug against Microsoft and are actively following up with them to get it resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks

Tanvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

thanks for replying, but I do not have the Office 365 version, but Office 2016 ProPlus. So, I hope the problem is fixed on all office versions.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you please share your Office version?

You can check the version number of Office by going to Word > File > Account > About Word.

office Ver.png

Thanks

Tanvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Office number: Microsoft Word 2016 MSO (16.0.6528.1011) 64 bit

May I ask you whether you are an adobe employee?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If someone has a "Staff" badge under their name they are either an Adobe employee, or at least represent Adobe in these forums (ie, an out-sourced employee).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

Issue exists with this MS Office version.

Regards,

Tanvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I know.

But is there any solution in sight?

And what about refund? I am a paying customer and I really depend on the acrobat DC working.

Thanks

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 03, 2016 Mar 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem has been identified by Microsoft as being in their code in the last update to Office 2016. There is absolutely nothing that we at Adobe can do about this, unfortunately. Microsoft is working on a fix and we are all waiting for Microsoft to release that fix, hopefully within a week or two.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Need this fixed ASAP. Part of everyday workflow to create PDFs that are tagged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.  Bought Acrobat DC this morning specifically to create pdfs from Word 2016.  Need to do this everyday.   What am I supposed to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌I have the same problem.  It looks like this problem is known issue for more than one month.  It is taking too long to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing this problem on a client's laptop running Win 7 Pro, Acrobat DC Standard, Office 2016 Pro laptop.  Have verified versions are updated, ran repairs above suggested.

As of this morning, Acrobat did not find any updates for itself.

Currently, add-in is disabled and work-around is to choose file type, "PDF" after normal "Save As" is chosen.

Adobe Staff, any word on resolution?  If not, please provide ETA. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A temporary solution, which has worked for several people, is to roll back the latest Word 2016 update, going back to Word 2016 of a couple of weeks ago. There seems much reluctance to do this however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2016 Mar 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like Microsoft has released a bug fix for this issue. 

Word version is now 16.0.6528.1017 and the PDF creation worked perfectly after the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Word 16.0.6701.1034 and still having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marc,

Could you please share a sample file with which you are facing the issue? You can mail it to me at balam@adobe.com.

Regards,

Basma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2016 Aug 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marc,

Thanks for sharing the bug file. Have logged a bug with the engineering team regarding the issue. Will keep you posted about the progress.

Regards,

Basma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines