9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2016 5:29 PM by A.T. Romano

when I burn it to disc there is no sound.

icanmakethat Level 1

I used old VHS footage that I converted to mp4 and avi files. When I watch my project on the computer, it plays fine, sound and all.

when I burn the project to DVD, there is no sound. What am I bot doing correctly? I've wasted many DVD's and labels already!

• 1. Re: when I burn it to disc there is no sound.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

icanmakethat

What version of Premiere Elements, what computer operating system?

Are you playing your end product DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc on computer or TV's DVD player? For computer, what computer player?

When you write

When I watch my project on the computer, it plays fine, sound and all.

Are you referring to the playback of the Premiere Elements Timeline content in the Edit area monitor?

Let us start here and then decide what next based on the details in your reply. Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: when I burn it to disc there is no sound.
            icanmakethat Level 1

Playing the project on computer with Adobe is perfect. Elements 12, windows 10. Burned disc on dvd player connected to TV has no audio.

• 3. Re: when I burn it to disc there is no sound.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

icanmakethat

An important point for clarification...

You write "Playing the project on computer with Adobe is perfect."

Please confirm that there you are specifically talking about the Premiere Elements project file and playback of the Timeline content in the Edit area monitor.

If you playback the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc with a computer player, do you get video plus sound in the playback?

ATR

• 4. Re: when I burn it to disc there is no sound.
                Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

icanmakethat wrote:

I've wasted many DVD's and labels already!

Get yourself some DVD-RW to test dvd's before burning to final disk.

And please DO NOT USE labels. They can get hot, let loose and get stuck in your dvd player.

Use printable disks instead.

• 5. Re: when I burn it to disc there is no sound.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

icanmakethat

For the present troubleshooting purposes only, the following might avoid expense of DVD-RW discs.....

In Premiere Elements 12/12.1, instead of Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc use Folder (4.7 GB).

Go to the hard drive location that you designated as the Save In for the folder.

Open the folder, open the VIDEO_TS Folder inside, and playback the VTS_01_1.VOB file in that VIDEO_TS Folder.

Does it have sound. Depending on the overall results, then you can go back to the DVD discs without any paper labels.

Back to the aim of the thread - finding out why you are not getting sound at the level of TV DVD player....

a. waiting for confirmation on loss of sound from DVD disc for computer as well as TV DVD player

b. waiting for confirmation that the problem exists for more than one TV DVD player

More later.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: when I burn it to disc there is no sound.
                    icanmakethat Level 1

when i open the adobe premier elements 12 program on my windows 10 laptop, open the existing project, the project in the editing mode plays fine.

once burned to dvd and played on a dvd player there is video but no audio.

• 7. Re: when I burn it to disc there is no sound.
                      icanmakethat Level 1

when i open the file from the computer, it opens the adobe premier elements anyway and the file plays fine

i tried another dvd player and the sound worked.

i tried the burned dvd in the computers dvd player and the video and audio worked.

so how will i know if the dvd will work in the dvd players of the recipients that are receiving them as gifts?

• 8. Re: when I burn it to disc there is no sound.
                        Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Make sure you use a good brand like Verbatim or Tayo Yuden.

Burn at half speed.

Again get yourself some RW's it will save you on coasters.

I would export to an iso and burn the dvd iso file with Img Burn or CDBurnerXP to disk. (you can also burn Bluray iso's with the software)

CDBurnerXP: Free CD and DVD burning software

This way you have controle over the burning speed which you do not have in Elements.

Burning iso's to disks is much moor reliable then burn straight to disk.

• 9. Re: when I burn it to disc there is no sound.
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

icanmakethat

Thanks for the follow up replies.

If you have Premiere Elements 12/12.1, there is not burn to ISO Image. So that is not a solution for you. Burn to ISO Image was not introduced until Premiere Elements 13/13.1. Premiere Elements 12/12.1 does have the options for burn to Folder (4.7 GB) or Folder (8.5 GB).

There is no guarantee that any given DVD-VIDEO video on DVD disc will play on any given DVD player.

If you wanted to take an extra measure to deal with the compatibility factor, you could do this....

1. Setting for your preset standard or widescreen, Burn to Folder (4.7 GB) if that is appropriate for the Timeline content in order to get the VIDEO_TS Folder in the saved folder.

2. On the computer desktop, create an empty folder and name it AUDIO_TS.

3. Then take the VIDEO_TS Folder and the AUDIO_TS Folder into a program such as IMGBurn to get your DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc.

How to burn a DVD Folder with ImgBurn - AfterDawn: Guides

And, if you are thinking burn to ISO Image by going to a later version of the program, be aware that 13/13.1 burn to ISO Image has its flaws which are

not corrected until 14/14.1. And, when you get to 14/14.1, you have ISO Image but burn to folder has been discontinued.

Congratulations on following through on the troubleshooting to gain your success. Well done.

Best wishes, and please update us on your progress (as your schedule permits).

ATR