5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2016 3:21 AM by Xiropillo

My tablet photos folder missing. Do you know how to recover?

Xiropillo

Good afternoon, I had to uninstall and reinstall lightroom in my mac and everything is working perfect but collection "my tablet photos" is missing from Lightroom mobile so I can see all the synced photos but impossible to know which ones were imported via my iPhone or iPad.

Thanks very much and happy new year everyone.

• 1. Re: My tablet photos folder missing. Do you know how to recover?
          rpandita Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Xiropillo,

Happy New Year to you too.

Your collections are stored in your catalog and uninstalling and reinstalling Lightroom should not cause any issues.

Make sure that you have opened the same original catalog in which you had your images initially.

Regards

Rohit

• 2. Re: My tablet photos folder missing. Do you know how to recover?
            Xiropillo Level 1

Good morning.

Sorry I didn't see your answer. Thanks very much.

I always use the same catalog but the problem is that I think I deleted some file referring to mobile uploads or some collection. I would reinstall everything but I don't want to miss the rest of preferences and lists.

Best regards

• 3. Re: My tablet photos folder missing. Do you know how to recover?
              rpandita Adobe Employee (Admin)

Re-installation will not bring your images back, can you explain what exactly are you you trying to achieve.

~Rohit

• 4. Re: My tablet photos folder missing. Do you know how to recover?
                Xiropillo Level 1

Hello again. Sorry for taking so long for answer.

I don't want to bring my images back. The only thing I would like to recover is the collection that allows to manage the photos imported from LR Mobile. As this collection is missing, when I import a picture from my camera roll, it goes directly to Lightroom photos collection. And if I synchronize one of my collections for example "Places" from Lightroom in my Macbook, all those pictures goes to the same collection in my tablet called Lightroom photos. Apart from this, in the tablet, a new collection with the name "Places" appears but what is missing is the collection "My Tablet Photos" that allows me to manage only the pictures imported from camera roll.

I have tried reinstalling LR Mobile in my tablet and signing out from all devices but that collection does not appear. The only thing that I could try is reinstalling LR in my Macbook but I would need to create a new library to recover all the initial settings. Otherwise, if I import same library, nothing changes as my library includes all the settings and collections.

Now, and apart from this, it is not possible to import photos from camera roll as the error "Failed to import" appears.

Thanks a lot.

• 5. Re: My tablet photos folder missing. Do you know how to recover?
                  Xiropillo Level 1

Me again. I can't believe that it was so easy to solve. OMG! The only thing I had to do was creating a collection from my Tablet called Mobile for example and it also appeared in my Macbook collections. Now this collection is synchronized and with the new update I can also select the folder in my macbook where those photos will be saved.

Thanks anyway for your help.

Now I will try to find a solution for the importing issue.