3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2016 11:32 AM by A.T. Romano

help!  my project keeps freezing on premiere elements 13.

julians95790367

problem started 2 days ago.  the timeline just seems to freeze / delayed response.   it very stressful, as i've been editing a feature film for nearly three months...!

• 1. Re: help!  my project keeps freezing on premiere elements 13.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

julians

Premiere Elements 13 on what computer operating system? Please describe your computer resources.

At the freezing points, what is the size of this project, and what type of additions to the existing project are related to those freezing moments?

What are the properties of your Timeline source files? What is your project preset?

What is the complexity of the Timeline content and structure?

Usual

a. Does problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewalls disabled?

b. Video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

c. Latest version of QuickTime installed? Running programs as administrator?

d. Any pile ups of preview files, conformed audio files, and conformed video files?

Let us start here and then we can decide what next for troubleshooting strategy.

Any questions on the above, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: help!  my project keeps freezing on premiere elements 13.
            julians95790367 Level 1

Using Windows 10.  on a brand new HP Notebook.  only 3 months old, no problems until now. have external drive with Raw film footage.  The project is around 50 minutes. it has these Effects so far:  picture coloring from Elements template, a couple of fast and slow motion points ( short clips)  and had just started on Sound Effects using Noise Reduction from standard Elements template.  some extra sounds, narration, soundtrack etc...all standard stuff.  just over 1000 clip components in the film...shown when it loads up etc.  i'm not an expert in anyway and this is my first time editing... it's been going great until now!  really stressed because it needs to be finished... as i've got my Final Cut....and just want to finish sound stuff now......it also has subtitles here and there (no more than 5 minutes worth) again all from standard Elements text and titles etc.

• 3. Re: help!  my project keeps freezing on premiere elements 13.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

julians

Thanks for the follow up information.

Even standard stuff in large enough amounts can compromise your computer resources.

What was your response to questions about computer resources and properties of the source media going into the Timeline? It could be the file format that is compromising the project.

Have you checked for pile ups of preview files, conformed audio files (cfa and pek), and conformed video files (mcdb)?

For rough troubleshooting starter, what happens if you make a copy of the present project, and, with the copy, remove 1/2 the project.

Then close reopen the project, work with the first half, and determine if the problems are the same as you try progressively to rebuild the project.

Please consider. We will move forward on this based on further details from you.

Thank you.

ATR