2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2016 11:27 AM by tranceplantt

Indesign CC 2015 won't update

tranceplantt Level 1

I am on build 11.0.0.72

However I am sure there is a new build to 11.2.0.99

I am responsible for about 20 computers that have adobe CC installed and I have to make sure every computer at the same version and the same build. We had big issues with CC 2014 and different builds on different computers.

Now I have 2 computers that won't update (I have been trying for 2 weeks).  I try to force the update in creative cloud by selecting 'Check for app Updates'  but they keep saying I am 'up to date' which is a lie. 

computer 1 = mac os X 10.9.5

computer 2 = mac os X 10.11 (El capitain)

I really dont want to reinstall the package. I have been upgrading all the version fine with those computers, but now it seems stuck.

Anyone else solved that problem?

• 1. Re: Indesign CC 2015 won't update
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Try going to the CC app in the menu bar. Click [gear icon] > Preferences > General. Sign Out from the Adobe ID. Then sign in again. That should reveal updates you're not getting.

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the CC app. Here are the instructions:

Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application

It the end, it gives you the link for reinstalling it again. It should remember what you've already downloaded so you don't have to do it again.

• 2. Re: Indesign CC 2015 won't update
            tranceplantt Level 1

The sign in sign out thing didn't work. 

Uninstalling is not an option for me right now. I don't have all that time, plus I do not trust this thing to reinstalling it properly.

If anyone knows another work around, that would be great.

I have CC 2014 installed, but only a hand full of software ask me for the upgrade to cc 2015. Like I upgraded photoshop just fine, indesign upgraded up to the build I mentioned earlier.

But look at premiere, it's asking me for a trial version when I have cc 2014 installed.  Everything is legal and paid for.

This kind of problem is on many computers.

Look at the screenshot. Screen Shot 2016-01-05 at 14.25.03.png