• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

activation server error

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i try to open my doc, "activation server error - code E_ADEPT_INTERNAL" appears, saying that Digital Editions encounter an error on the activation server. On the Help page, it is suggested that I deactivate it, but when I type in my (correct) password, it says that my password is wrong! I have even tried changing my password and typing in the new one. Same problem occurs.

I am unsure why I cannot access my document. Previously I was on a Macbook Pro and it worked perfectly fine. Since, I have changed to a Macbook Pro with Retina display. I have entered the product key/code, but it will not open.

What do I do??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Open Adobe Digital Wditions.
  2. Press Command+Shift+D to deauthorize Adobe Digital Editions.
  3. Select Erase Authorization.
  4. Click OK and quit Adobe Digital Editions.
  5. Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
    If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later.
  6. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply!

I cannot even get to step #3, because it will not accept my password. It says "unable to erase authorization. please try after some time." i have tried this for days.

Do you have further advice?

Thanks so much again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jordyn,

You need to manually deactivate ADE. Please follow these instructions:

On Mac it can be found here:
In Finder, find the 'Go' option on the menu bar and click 'Go to folder' and type the following in:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions/

Delete the activation.dat file within the 'Digital Editions' folder.

Restart ADE and it should be deactivated at this point. You should be good to sign back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jordynb84406117 schrieb:

Thanks for your reply!

I cannot even get to step #3, because it will not accept my password. It says "unable to erase authorization. please try after some time." i have tried this for days.

Do you have further advice?

Thanks so much again.

If step 3 not work can you skip this point and proceed to step 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This did work for me.

Thank you.

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines