5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2016 5:56 PM by A.T. Romano

Premier Elements 10 - no video playback after Win 10 upgrade...

robian

Upgraded Win 7 to 10 a few weeks ago. Tried Premier Elements 10 today and projects don't playback video in preview pane. Only audio plays. Raw .m2ts files play okay with WMP. Tried upgrading NVIDIA GeForce from 8/17/15 driver to 11/5/15 with no change. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Premier Elements 10 - no video playback after Win 10 upgrade...
          A.T. Romano Level 7

robian

If you have Premiere Elements 10 on a computer that uses a NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card, you do not want to be updating the card to the latest driver version.

There is a major problem with Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce. The resolution is to roll back the driver version to May 2013. Windows 7 and 10 are similarly affected.

Details can be found - http://atr935.blogspot.com/2014/02/pe10-nvidia-video-card-roll-back.html

The older NVIDIA driver versions that exist today are typically not old enough.

Major hope is that you are using a computer on which the older driver was installed before the driver version was updated.

See Device Manager/Display Adapters/NVIDIA card name and its Properties and the Properties Drive Tab. The Update Driver option should include a chance to search your computer for the older driver if it is still there.

Please consider.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premier Elements 10 - no video playback after Win 10 upgrade...
            robian Level 1

This is not good! I cannot find the driver version 320.49 from July '13 on Nvidia's site for my GeForce GT 545. They don't list any prior to Dec 2014.

My PC doesn't give me an option to restore older versions prior to my upgrade to Win10 a few weeks ago.

I removed the driver I installed this AM and I now have the Nvidia version 8/7/15 10-18-13 5382. Premier Elements 10 video still does not playback video.

So, I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 as recommended by MS and my Premier Elements 10 has been rendered useless.

Anybody else out there with ideas????

• 3. Re: Premier Elements 10 - no video playback after Win 10 upgrade...
              A.T. Romano Level 7

robian

Thanks for your reply, and I understand your position. But, since the first time Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce issue was recognized a long time ago, this matter has been a frustration for those involved. In all this time, the driver version roll back to about May 2013 has been the remedy. And, Windows 10 on the scene has not changed anything. There was one user not so long ago who upgraded to Windows 10, had the same Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA issue, but was able to find the older NVIDIA driver still on his computer.

Alternatives, restated include

a. different version of Premiere Elements on your computer using the NVIDIA GeForce card.

b. replacement of NVIDIA GeForce with non NVIDIA GeForce if you want to use Premiere Elements 10 on that computer

I have not seen a report in all this time from anyone to overwrite the history that has accumulated on this very specific issue.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premier Elements 10 - no video playback after Win 10 upgrade...
                robian Level 1

Thank for your help AT. One of your alternatives is to upgrade Premier Elements. I have version 10 and it looks like the latest is 14. I really do not want to start replacing hardware but I can handle the extra dollars for Premier. Question is...will it run properly with my video card Nvidia GeForce GT 545??? 

• 5. Re: Premier Elements 10 - no video playback after Win 10 upgrade...
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

robian

Thanks for the reply.

Premiere Element 14/14.1 should not run into the same Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce syndrome as Premiere Elements 10 - be it Windows 7 64 bit or Windows 10 64 bit.

As a safety net, please look at the free 30 days tryout of Premiere Elements 14 to determine its compatibility your your computer environment and product goals.

There are major changes going from 10 to 14/14.1 - in export area layout, workspace arrangements, Elements Organizer slideshows, etc.

Also, no DV and HDV Capture firewire....here is what was removed from 13, applies to 14 also.

Removed features and unsupported file formats | Adobe Premiere Elements 13

Please consider. We will be watching for your progress as your time permits.

Best wishes

ATR