8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2016 3:22 PM by karenp85347170

CC2015 - Deleted preferences but ID still not opening some files

karenp85347170

There are three of us here in our department and two of us are having the same issues. We can always create a new file, but we can't always open old ones. I wonder if the age of my computer (27 inch mid 2010) 2.93 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024 MB, has anything to do with the problems. My coworker that is having the same issues has a computer of similar specs, but is 6 months (approx) older than mine. Coincidentally, his started acting up like this a few months before mine. Coworker #2 has a computer that is about 2 years old and is experiencing none of the issues that we are. Any ideas or suggestions?

In fact I just created a new file, realized I needed to fix something in that file and now I can't get into it again. As well, every time I have to force quit I lose all my preference like print presets, swatches, preflight etc. I've created a checklist of about 8 items that I need to fix each time. So far I've reset all those items 4 or 5 times today.