2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2016 4:35 AM by juhamar095

error message Lightroom was unable to prepare the selected file at/volumes/etc..

juhamar095

Using iMac OS X 10.9.5, Lightroom 6, Trying to edit photo in another app (photoshop elements/ Nik silver efex pro 2 etc) via Photo>edit in >... Get error message "Lightroom was unable to prepare the selected rule at / volumes/etc..(the folder where the file is located)". Have followed all instructions/ suggestions this far. Nothing has worked. Have installed and uninstalled and installed all app:s for several time now.

What next? It just seems that Lightroon does not allow me to use external editing.

• 1. Re: error message Lightroom was unable to prepare the selected file at/volumes/etc..
          Mrinmay Majhi Adobe Employee

Hi juhamar,

It seems you do not have appropriate permission on that location for Lightroom to create any file.

Please provide Read and Write permission to that location.

Let me know if this helps.

~Mrinmay

• 2. Re: error message Lightroom was unable to prepare the selected file at/volumes/etc..
            juhamar095 Level 1

HI!

Thank you very much for your advise! The problem was not in the permissions, however, but in that the external disc (where I have the files I tried to process) was so full that the program did not have enough room to write the TIFF copy to send to the external program… Anyhow, your kind advise led me to the right path…

Juha Markkula

Mrinmay Majhi <forums_noreply@adobe.com> kirjoitti 6.1.2016 kello 2.08:

You have been mentioned

by Mrinmay Majhi in Re: error message Lightroom was unable to prepare the selected file at/volumes/etc.. in Adobe Community - View Mrinmay Majhi's reference to you

Hi juhamar,

It seems you do not have appropriate permission on that location for Lightroom to create any file.

Please provide Read and Write permission to that location.

Let me know if this helps.

~Mrinmay

Participate in the conversation by replying to this email

To stop receiving these messages whenever you are mentioned, go to your preferences and disable notifications for direct social actions.

>