• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am using Os X El Capitan on my mac and have tried multiple times to download flash player and it will not work. It begins to download and then says installing, but shortly after reads installation failed. I've been to the help pages and done everything

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Os X El Capitan on my mac and have tried multiple times to download flash player and it will not work. It begins to download and then says installing, but shortly after reads installation failed. I've been to the help pages and done everything they have said and nothing has worked. Can you help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'll need to get some installation log files from you to investigate further.  Please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? and provide all 4 files listed (install.log, FlashPlayerInstallManager.log, Adobe_ADM.log, and Adobe_GDE.log).  Upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com using the instructions How to share a document or a file sharing service of your choice.  Post the link the the uploaded files in your reply.

You can also try the standalone installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac page in the 'Still having problems' section.  If you get an error with that installer, I'll need the install.log file and FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file to investigate the failure.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 01, 2016 May 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Standalone installer worked for me.

Flash Player for Safari and Firefox - NPAPI

Makes me wonder what the point of the other (completely frustrating and totally useless) installer is!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2016 May 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Nicholas

If you provide the install log file (Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log) we can attempt to determine why the online installer failed.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines