2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2016 10:42 AM by A.T. Romano

dvd won't work

mikem57112476 Level 1

I'm using Adobe Premiere Elements 14 on Widows 7, 64 bit system. I created a movie and then created an ISO file. From this, I burned the movie onto a disc and it won't play in any DVD equipment. I used the same Adobe product, cameras, blank discs, same computer, on a previous product and everything worked perfectly. The only difference is that I now have Adobe Acrobat DC and don't know if that could be the problem. Doesn't make any sense.

• 1. Re: dvd won't work
          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Maybe a bad disc?

Try creating a new ISO?

• 2. Re: dvd won't work
            A.T. Romano Level 7

mikem

Have you updated Premiere Elements 14 to 14.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

To your stated issue...

What did you create - DVD ISO Image or AVCHD ISO Image?

What was the file size of the .iso file that resulted, and how did you take this to DVD disc? ImgBurn or another software?

Just in case questions - If AVCHD DVD, are you aware that AVCHD DVD cannot be played on regular DVD player, it requires a Blu-ray player that supports AVCHD DVD or one of those multi media players that supports AVCHD DVD.

If we look at this from the production of the .iso file

a. does it matter if the preference "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 or newer)" disabled make a difference?

b. if you do a burn to disc, does that work?

c. it is my recollection that VLC player can play back a DVD-VIDEO .iso file....have you tried to play that Premiere Elements 14 DVD-VIDEO.iso file in the VLC player? Does it work there?

Please consider. Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR