2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2009 11:37 AM by powerdogvt

FW4 smart guide misalignment

powerdogvt
      I draw a rectangle, for example, and a thick stroke a few pixels away the bottom edge and wider than the rectangle. When I try to use smart guides to resize the stroke width, it's always wider than the rectangle. This seems to be worse as with thicker strokes.

I've tried stroke options (inside, centered, outside) but can't get the ends/edges to align. Any thoughts?
        • 1. Re: FW4 smart guide misalignment
          Level 7
          powerdogvt wrote:
          > I draw a rectangle, for example, and a thick stroke a few pixels away the
          > bottom edge and wider than the rectangle. When I try to use smart guides to
          > resize the stroke width, it's always wider than the rectangle. This seems to be
          > worse as with thicker strokes.
          >
          > I've tried stroke options (inside, centered, outside) but can't get the
          > ends/edges to align. Any thoughts?

Have you applied a drop shadow or glow to the object as well as a stroke?

--
          Linda Rathgeber - Adobe Community Expert
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/members/8.html
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: FW4 smart guide misalignment
            powerdogvt Level 1
            No, it's just a plain rectangle, maybe 80 px high by 200 wide, with a plain 9 px line, 20 px below rectangle, that's 8 px high and should be the same width. It looks like the handles at the ends of the line are addition extra width of their own, but as I said, the stroke inside/outside choice doesn't help.