3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2016 5:11 PM by A.T. Romano

Video skewed when viewing timeline's program (makes one vertical line of the middle pixel and stretches to the sides)

bullseyedisc

I have an issue where my video clip, recorded with a Canon xf100 so it creates .MXF files, appears normal until imported into Adobe Premiere 9.1.0.  As seen in the images, a weird skewing effects happens where Premiere take the middle vertical pixel and stretches it to both ends.  I am working with a ton of other footage all shot with the same camera, codec, format, etc. without any issues such as this?  The sequence settings are set to match the content.

This was not an issue before I upgraded from 9.0.1 

Anyone else having this issue or ideas as to how I can fix it?

Screen Shot 2016-01-06 at 12.15.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-01-06 at 12.14.54 PM.png

• 1. Re: Video skewed when viewing timeline's program (makes one vertical line of the middle pixel and stretches to the sides)
          A.T. Romano Level 7

bullseyedisc

Just wanted you to verify what you are describing....

1. You have an file with a MXF file extension, have imported that into Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1, have problems, and say that this has worked before?

2. To date, Premiere Elements does not support files with MXF file extension.

3. I cannot get an MXF file beyond the Add Media dialog in Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1, so I am not understanding how you got it to the Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Timeline track.

4. If it were not for the MXF file extension that you say you have, I would go after the video card/graphics card considerations.

Please consider and give more information.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Video skewed when viewing timeline's program (makes one vertical line of the middle pixel and stretches to the sides)
            bullseyedisc Level 1

A.T. Romano

We use .MXF files all the time, since Adobe Premiere CS6.  Never had any issue like this before.  I'm not sure if Premiere Elements is different from the Adobe Premiere we use from the Cloud Suite though...?

This project has nearly 200 .MXF files and only for this one particular interview does this issue appear.  It sounds like a camera operator error but I have compared the raw files inside Media Info Mac and all of the details of codec, color space, frame rate, aspect ratio, resolution, etc. is the same.

It might be the graphics card though, we just got that repaired.

Thanks for the ideas though!

• 3. Re: Video skewed when viewing timeline's program (makes one vertical line of the middle pixel and stretches to the sides)
              A.T. Romano Level 7

bullseyedisc

The light bulb just lit.

That Adobe Premiere 9.1.0....I thought that was a misprint for 9.0/9.0.1. And, I did not focus on the detail to the left of Timeline track...detail never seen in Premiere Elements.

You are not using Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 or any version of Premiere Elements. I took at closer look to the left of the video track. This is not Premiere Elements. You have posted in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum. For Premiere Pro, please re-post your thread there to take advantage of the specialized expertise there.

Premiere Elements unequivocally does not support files with the MXF file extension.

I do not work with Premiere Pro otherwise I would troubleshoot with you on this. However, I would go with focus on the video card/graphics card.

Best wishes

ATR