• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do we get our OSX 64-bit ANE working with Air 20.0?

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have customers who typically install Air when they install our Native Installer based Air application with and ANE that does some key things. As a result we get customers who need an Adobe Air 20 64-bit ANE. Rebuilding seemed simple enough, but we've not been able to access the C++ methods in our ANE. This worked fine previously, but is broken now.

We've built a pretty simple ANE and application and put it on github: https://github.com/leopoldodonnell/Air-20-64bit-ANE

In this example, we're just trying to get to a point where we've built a framework that can be accessed from our application, but even though we can see the framework load (using dtrace) and we get a context back in ActionScript, calls through the context always fail.

Using a captive runtime is not a solution for us. If anyone has advice, or has the time to look at this project and suggest a fix, please let me know.

Building the project is easy:

1. clone the repo
  2. cd to the hello_ane and run ./build.sh to build the ane
  3. run FlashBuilder (with Air 20 updates)
  4. import the project and run
  5. click the button and note if there's success or an error ( if you have success then I guess we haven't updated Flash Builder correctly)
TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At present - we consider this an Adobe issue and we're looking at alternatives to Air if we are going to be able to deliver service to our customers.

This problem has been experienced by quite a few others and you'd think that Adobe documentation would have provided the information needed to enable people to run their businesses. The ANE we've built is super simple, yet we can't access functions within it because either the Air runtime doesn't access the library correctly (even though it loads the library) or build directions for a framework are deficient.

One example of a working hello world (you could tweak ours - it really is simple) would be super helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI ,

The error "Error #3500:The extension context does not have a method with name xxx"  is  Flash Builder issue, which is know to us and we are working on it.

Meanwhile as a workaround you can follow the below mentioned steps :-

1. In the <AIR-project-name>/bin-debug folder create the following directory path :-META-INF/AIR/extensions/com.adobe.extension and copy the .ane contents in “com.adobe.extension directory (To obtain the .ane contents, unzip the .ane file. The contents of this folder includes catalog.xml, mimetype, library.swf and META-INF folder  )
  2. In the terminal run the command <path of AIRSDK>/AIRSDK/bin/adl  -runtime  <path of AIRSDK>/AIRSDK/runtimes/air/mac  <path of app.xml>app.xml .You will be able to launch the adl successfully .
  3. Also, if you proceed with the native app creation( Using Export release build) using Flash builder  you will be able to create the app successfully.

Please let me know if you face any issue .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Where is the <AIR-project-name>/bin-debug folder? I cannot find this folder. Do I create the bin-debug folder in my project folder? Also do you create the folder "com.adobe.extension" or do you create a folder named "com.name.extension".

Sorry for the questions, but I have never needed to find these folders so not sure how to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please find the answers to your queries :-

• "bin-debug" is created when you have compiled your project(Go to Project and Click on Clean) .This will create a bin-debug folder under <AIR-project-name> folder (name which you have to your project) which contains the .swf and app.xml files. So for instance if your project name "AIR_file" then the directory structure would be AIR_file>>bin-debug.
  • You will create the folder "com.adobe.extension"

Please let me know if you have more queries .

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this with Flash Builder? I am working in Adobe Animate (Flash Pro). Is there such a workaround for this platform?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You have to follow the same steps for Adobe Animate as well.As there is no bin-debug folder in Adobe Animate so you have to place META-INF folder where your .swf and app.xml files are present .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have any other ideas? I am still getting the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines