1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 6, 2016 1:36 PM by Peter Spier

Printing Invitations

in design beginner

Hello,

My work recently got a Xerox WorkCentre 7830, and because if it we have been able to do a lot of printing on our own. Previously, we would send out to a printing company to get invitations printed (front and back), but we were told we could start printing them on the Xerox. Today I worked on getting images set up in Indesign different ways (normal pages and then using 2 master pages)

However, the images are still printing slightly off... The master pages makes the closest cut, but it's off ever so slightly!

Is there something I need to checkmark when I go to print or do I need to move the images slightly in order to get them to print correctly? I am very new at Adobe, so please bear with me as we try to figure out printing invitations for ourselves.

Thank you in advance for reading this question.

• 1. Re: Printing Invitations
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

The printer probably isn't built to tight enough tolerances to give you perfect front-to-back registration, and it may well float from page to page in a run (My Xerox Phaser 7800 drifts a bit from page to page, even on one-sided printing).  My best advice is to design with wider margins so the drift is less noticeable.