5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2009 11:12 PM by ice9_us

Vitual Network Monitoring System

kishorkv
      I've been assigned with a work to write an application for Site Operations Team.
      1. Show system alerts generated from server monitoring systems (like Tivoli)
      2. Provide a provision to group alters and create a incident/restore/cahnge ticket.
      3. Monitor Maintainances
      4. Way to schedulre on-call personnel.

Please throw some ideas if you guys have went through similart task before.

I've Java, Flex, JavaScript, HTML, Perl, ColdFusion experience.
        • 1. Re: Vitual Network Monitoring System
          ice9_us Level 1
          I would like to change jobs.. if you have good bennifits and pay.. tell your boss to call me :)
          I think your looking for applicaton design and developement...

This is for flex.. i think you have the wrong board..
          • 2. Re: Vitual Network Monitoring System
            kishorkv Level 1
            I know this is Flex forum and I know flex is good for dashboard/advanced grid.
            Reason I posted here, there may be some one did a similar task in Flex.
            I do NOT need any architectural or design ideas, just want to know how FLEXible using this technology.

Let me know is the right place for this type of question or not, if not I'll take it off.
            I'm new to this forum and looking for some help... seriously.

• 3. Re: Vitual Network Monitoring System
              ice9_us Level 1
              flex is perfect for that type of app..
              i am using it that way.
              • 4. Re: Vitual Network Monitoring System
                kishorkv Level 1
                Thanks!!
                I did browse few examples very impressive
                http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/samples/

Have you ever experienced any cross browser issues, when you really build an app for critical app like this?
                In my app more than 1 browser crash is considered as critical.
                • 5. Re: Vitual Network Monitoring System
                  ice9_us Level 1
                  Have you ever experienced any cross browser issues, when you really build an app for critical app like this?
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------------------------------

not really ... the only crazy thing i have seen is how each browser uses memory..
                  you will see higher usage from IE than.. firefox...

IE also has an issue with cache.. so you have to reset your page at every visit...( i cut that short thinking you understand what i am talking about)

your biggest issue is the engine and processing of data.. thinks like that.. how you put that together will be HUGE..