23 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2016 8:42 AM by A.T. Romano

Please help installation issues

uzzelt40877768

I have downloaded Adobe Premiere elements 12, however i keep getting an installation error message. how do i resolve this i would love to use he software i paid for.Tech support via the chat has been useless.is anyone else having this issue and how did you resolve it? someone please help

• 1. Re: Please help installation issues
          A.T. Romano Level 7

uzzelt

Where are these installation files coming from?

a. new installation of Premiere Elements 12 purchased months ago from Adobe when 12 was first released

or

b. just purchased download from authorized reseller and trying to install Premiere Elements 12 for the first time

or

c. other

What is the specific error message that you are getting during the installation process and when do you get it

a. Before the Installer

b. After the installation is has began

My any chance, is this a message before the installer goes to work....a message about something else in progress, asking you if you want to Ignore the message or do something else?

Please consider and give details. Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Please help installation issues
            uzzelt40877768 Level 1

I purchased brand new in july of 2015

• 3. Re: Please help installation issues
              A.T. Romano Level 7

uzzelt

Thanks for the reply. Could you add more information?

From whom did you purchase Premiere Elements 12 as a download - it could not be Adobe because it would not be selling it in July 2015 - at that time it would be selling 13/13.1, the then  current version. What did you buy - Windows or Mac version?

Do you have a purchased serial number for the Premiere Elements 12 download that you purchased in July 2015?

Please answer all the questions in post 1 and in this post I am posting now so that we can advance in the troubleshooting strategy.

We can always get another source of installation files

Other downloads

But, it might not be necessary depending on the details that you give for the installation failure. And new installation files are not going to get us anywhere without the purchase serial number to use in the installation.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Please help installation issues
                uzzelt40877768 Level 1

I purchased for windows through my school a card with the serial # Photo shop works  fine but premiere is the only issue i'm having

• 5. Re: Please help installation issues
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

uzzelt

Thank for your the additional information. Could it be the Student Teacher Edition of Premiere Elements? Nonetheless it should be the same features as the regular Edition.

We could help you with the files that you have now by answering questions already asked, that is,

What is the specific error message that you are getting during the installation process and when do you get it

a. Before the Installer

b. After the installation is has began

and is this the first time that Premiere Elements that you have is being installed? Also...

My any chance, is this a message before the installer goes to work....a message about something else in progress, asking you if you want to Ignore the message or do something else?

This is not Adobe. Rather essentially user to user. So, please do not include any personal information, actual serial or order numbers. But, it is OK and necessary to get at the problem with details of the installation failure. The more involved questions may come next, but we need the basic details requested to get there.

We are eager for you to succeed.

ATR

• 6. Re: Please help installation issues
                    uzzelt40877768 Level 1

How can I upload screen shot of the error messages I'm getting ?

• 7. Re: Please help installation issues
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

uzzelt

Thanks for the follow up.

If your computer has the Snipping Tool (Windows 7 should have it), make a jpeg screenshot of that error message. And, then put that jpeg screenshot in a reply in your thread. The following is a how to for creating the screenshot for posting.

The specified item was not found.

ATR

• 10. Re: Please help installation issues
                        uzzelt40877768 Level 1

heres a screenshot of the two messages i get when trying to install

• 11. Re: Please help installation issues
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

uzzelt

Thanks for the screenshots. Great job.

About the second screenshot...

I have seen that Windows Installer message before months ago. My recollection is that the issue was not resolved.

Nonetheless, let us see what we can do now for your specific Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7 issue.

About the first screenshot...

When you open the Adobe Premiere Elements 12 Folder, do you find anything else in that folder besides the PRE 12 Folder?

The message is tell you to install the file specifically named setup.exe. Is that file seen next to the PRE 12 Folder in the Adobe Premiere Elements 12 Folder?

I am going to do some tests here on 12 installation and will be back to report the results within an hour. I will be watching for your answers to the above. To be continued....

ATR

• 12. Re: Please help installation issues
                            uzzelt40877768 Level 1

The setup exe folder is in there whenever I try to run it I get the windows installer message

• 13. Re: Please help installation issues
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

uzzelt

Thanks for the additional information.

That installer message was bad news a while back, I am not sure if we can overcome it from here. But, let us see if the following has any merit.

Check it out against what you have done already....

1. Make sure that there is no trace of Premiere Elements 12 installed on your computer. Control Panel/Programs...

2. Go to the Adobe Other Downloads and download the Premiere Elements 12 two installation files (.7z and .exe for 64 bit computer) to your 64 bit computer's download folder.

The name of the two files are

Premiere Elements_12_LS26_win64.7z (called File 1)

and

Premiere Elements_12_LS26_win64.exe (called File 2)

3. When they are downloaded, make sure that you start with "Launch Adobe Premiere Elements 12" rather than opening the Adobe Premiere Elements 12 Folder that was placed on your computer desktop automatically.

4. Double click File 2 (the .exe) first. Then follow the instructions from there. Be ready with your purchased serial number. It will be asked for early in the process.

Have you been there and done all that and still been hit with the Windows Installer problem?

You are left with an Adobe Premiere Elements 12 Folder on your desktop if you need to do the install at a later date.

In that  Adobe Premiere Elements 12 Folder is a PRE 12 Folder and a ReadMe file.

Open the PRE 12 Folder and scroll down to the file which should just say setup (with the mouse cursor over it, it is described as Setup Launcher - it has file size about 1266 KB). That is the file that you use to start the installation and follow the directions.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 14. Re: Please help installation issues
                                uzzelt40877768 Level 1

That's the exact file I click on try to run even tried running as administrator

• 15. Re: Please help installation issues
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

uzzelt

Thanks for the update.

You wrote

That's the exact file I click on try to run even tried running as administrator

The program should be run from user account with administrative privileges. Is that what you have been doing?

When all is said and done as per post 13, are we still facing that Windows Installer error?

Do you have access to any other computer on which you can try the Premiere Elements install?

ATR

• 16. Re: Please help installation issues
                                    uzzelt40877768 Level 1

No this is my only PC

• 17. Re: Please help installation issues
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

uzzelt

Thanks for the update.

I have been searching online for what next.

Windows Installer problem like yours was reported for Premiere Elements 11. The response was that the Windows Installer was damaged - and maybe problem with not sufficient user privileges. The suggested fix was do Windows Update, running as administrator with all security disabled. Not sure about that fix, but I thought that I would mention it.

Please remind me - what is your computer operating system - Windows 7 Service Pack 1 64 bit or other?

ATR

• 19. Re: Please help installation issues
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

uzzelt

Thanks. As far as I know Windows 8 does not have a Service Pack as does Windows 7.

Did the Windows Update mention have any impact on your Windows Installer situation?

ATR

• 20. Re: Please help installation issues
                                          uzzelt40877768 Level 1

I don't believe it does

• 21. Re: Please help installation issues
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

uzzelt

Do you do all your computer maintenance and building yourself or do you have a computer shop nearby which you visit for computer repairs?

If the computer shop for your computer repairs, please consider a walk in consult with a tech there.

If you are a do it yourself computer person, have you ever taken the computer back to its factory settings? Is that a possibility?

ATR

• 22. Re: Please help installation issues
                                              uzzelt40877768 Level 1

My PC was recently restored to factory settings prior to this issue arising.

• 23. Re: Please help installation issues
                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

uzzelt

From what you have written, you are using Windows 8 64 bit. You should be eligible for an upgrade to Windows 8.1, if you want to go further, Windows 10 64 bit. Have you thought about that possibility?

From all that has been presented, I am interpreting this issue as a Windows Installer one. Consequently,

1. I would have thought that taking the computer back to its factory settings would have addressed the Windows Installer error. It did not.

2. Have you gone online with target Repair of Windows Installer, and used any of these Windows repair tools, such as,

Repair MSI (Windows Installer)

Fix problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled

3. Have you tried to upgrade Windows 8 to 8.1 or to 10?

4. Have you tried to consult with a computer shop tech department?

ATR