4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2016 9:13 PM by A.T. Romano

Why do I keep getting a driver error message?

jordand91287359

According to the dxdiag command / DirectX Diagnostic Tool, my computer is currently running:

OS: Windows 10 (64-bit, but my current display mode reads 32 bit?); I previously had the same issue when it was Windows 7.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M, CPU @ 2.50GHz (4CPUs)

DirectX Version: 11.1

- DirectDraw Acceleration: Enabled

- Direct3D Acceleration: Enabled

- AGP Texture Acceleration: Enabled

Display Driver:

- Up-to-date as of tonight

- last updated 5/26/2015

- version: 9.17.10.4229

Nevertheless, I keep getting the following message pop-up whenever I try to start up the program:

errormessage.png

This has been going on about a year now, with both Windows 7 and Windows 10. During this time, I have not been able to use the program at all. Most of the time, after that error pops up my computer stays frozen for sometime. Sometimes it crashes all together.

• 1. Re: Why do I keep getting a driver error message?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jordand

What version of Premiere Elements are you using on Windows 7 and 10 (assumed 64 bit)?

Your wrote

OS: Windows 10 (64-bit, but my current display mode reads 32 bit?)

Could you post a jpeg screenshot of

OS: Windows 10 (64-bit, but my current display mode reads 32 bit?);

Just in case how to The specified item was not found.

If the video card/graphics card driver version is up to date, then we will delete the BadDrivers.txt file according to the following once we are sure of

Premiere Elements version.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: BadDrivers.Txt File Locations

Have you been there and done that yet?

Please consider. Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Why do I keep getting a driver error message?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

jordand

Add On to post 1....instead of the screenshot requested, consider instead written answers for

Windows 7 .... when you go to Control Panel/System and Security/System, what is displaying for System Type? In this case, are you seeing at least one entry "64 bit operating system, and maybe also 32 bit based processor?

Windows 10 ... when you go to Control Panel/System and Security/System, what is displaying for System Type? In this case, are you seeing two entries, like 64 bit operating system, 32 bit based processor?

ATR

• 3. Re: Why do I keep getting a driver error message?
              jordand91287359 Level 1

I'm only running Windows 10... I upgraded this computer from Windows 7, but the problem continues.

I decided to include screen shots of the dxdiag window:

64bit.png32bit.png

I'm trying to run Adobe Premiere Elements 11, Student. The Adobe Photoshop Elements 11, Student that came with Premiere runs fine (though considerably slower than the free alternative GIMP).

• 4. Re: Why do I keep getting a driver error message?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

jordand

Thanks for the screenshots. Nothing out of the ordinary that I am picking up on.

You are working with 64 bit computer.

The 32 bit is part of the display (monitor) description which includes monitor native resolution 1366 x 768.

No problems found as per the Notes.

Did you do this yet

If the video card/graphics card driver version is up to date, then we will delete the BadDrivers.txt file according to the following once we are sure of

Premiere Elements version.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: BadDrivers.Txt File Locations

Have you been there and done that yet?

Please double check under Device Manager/Display Adapters/ to verify that the computer is just using one video card/graphics card, that being the Intel HD Graphics 4000.

Thanks.

ATR