9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2016 11:00 AM by malcolmw32593105

Unable to open lightroom 6 on both PC and Laptop since last night. I have a standalone perpetual licence.

malcolmw32593105

I have been using Lightroom for several years and last may I purchased a perpetual licence for standalone lightroom 5 with free upgrade to LR6 on both PC and mobile.

Last night I was working in lightroom on the PC when I realised I had imported my new photos to the 2015 catalogue instead of a new 2016 catalogue which I had been using for a week. I selected open another catalog (2016) in order to import the new photos to the correct catalog , bypassed the message about shutting down the catalog I was using and then the message to back-up before closing, then nothing, lightroom did not open.

I ran tests on the PC but nothing wrong was found. This morning when I switched on clicking on the ICON for lightroom had just a spinning wheel (busy) for about 5 seconds, then nothing. It just refused to open.

I tried signing in to my Adobe account, it was very slow but I did get in eventually.

Just now I decided to use the laptop, which is independent from the PC, I don't use the cloud services. I get exactly the same problem, a spinning wheel for about 5 seconds, then nothing. It is as though I have been locked out.