1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 7, 2016 6:20 PM by A.T. Romano

How to speed up a text animation and have it hold

mrice71

In other words, when I use the text animation "slide in by character" for example, it takes the entire length of the text box for the sentence to completely appear.  So if it's a 5 second title, it's going to take the full 5 seconds for the sentence to appear, then it instantly disappears.  Isn't there a way to have it take maybe 2 seconds for the entire sentence to appear and then have it remain on the screen for the next 3 seconds?

• 1. Re: How to speed up a text animation and have it hold
          A.T. Romano Level 7

mrice71

What version of Premiere Elements, what computer operating system? So, for now, generalizing and thinking to Premiere Elements 11 through 14/14.1 on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit.....

With regard to

Isn't there a way to have it take maybe 2 seconds for the entire sentence to appear and then have it remain on the screen for the next 3 seconds?

You can do that for the entire Roll or Crawl title file by working with the Titler/Roll and Crawl dialog and options Preroll and Postroll.

I have described that in the following

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Preroll and Postroll Options Interpreted

For the Fade in by Characters animation applied to text, (it may be crude) but this seems to work for what you describe....

Assuming that you have Edit Menu/Preferences/General still at the default of 5 seconds for Still Image Default Duration....

1. Create your title file (5 seconds) in the Titler.

2. Close the Titler, go to the title file's thumbnail in Project Assets, right click the thumbnail, select Duplicate.

3. At the Timeline level, cut 3 seconds from the original title file there.

4. Drag the Duplicate from Project Assets to the Timeline, double click it to open the Titler to remove the Fade by Character animation. Close the Titler.

5. Position the edited Duplicate on the Timeline side by side with the 2 second Title file. Cut 2 seconds from the Duplicate.

6. Render the Timeline content.

Right now that is the only way I am seeing this done. But, I will think about this some more to make sure I am not overlooking anything.

Please consider, and let us know the outcome as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR