• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error #2152: Full screen mode is not allowed.

Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2009 Feb 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am publishing my flash content on the web. One of the features users have asked for is to balloon the program to full screen. When I do that, flash gives me a SecurityError: Error #2152: Full screen mode is not allowed.

I understand why Adobe does not want allow someone to sneak in a full screen mode on an unsuspecting user, but this is rather draconian.

Is there some way I can have the user indicate that he/she actually WANTS to go full screen, to satisfy the flash player?
TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 05, 2009 Feb 05, 2009
Oh. In that case my guess is that you haven't gone in and edited the html page to allowFullScreen to be true? There are several places in the html to change that so be sure you find all of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how are you trying to go to Full screen mode? My (somewhat limited) understanding is that it must be done in response to an actual user interaction, i.e., they must click something.

You seem to say you want some way for the user to indicate they wish to go full screen. So give them a button or some such.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have them click on a fullscreen button. It is captured in an eventListener.

Here is the actual code

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh. In that case my guess is that you haven't gone in and edited the html page to allowFullScreen to be true? There are several places in the html to change that so be sure you find all of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2009 Feb 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it! I had tried Flash--only allow full screen, Flash with FSCommand etc. I finally set it to windowless opaque and that did the trick.

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 12, 2009 Sep 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you please post the HTML code taht made it work. I am having the same trouble. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines