10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2016 9:31 AM by Geoff the kiwi

My lightroom doesn't sync/ import photos on my Mac

conie3344

My lightroom doesn't sync/ import photos on my Mac, it kept saying it's synchronising but it's not. What should I do?

• 1. Re: My lightroom doesn't sync/ import photos on my Mac
          dj_paige Level 9

Describe the problem in more detail. Lots more detail. Write a lot of words.

Specifically, exactly what do you see on your computer screen that makes you think it is not synchronizing? Show us a screen capture.

Also please state the version NUMBER of Lightroom and the operating system version, and what camera took these photos, and are the photos JPG or RAW or something else?

• 2. Re: My lightroom doesn't sync/ import photos on my Mac
            Chetna Srivastava Adobe Employee

Hi Conie,

Could you please confirm which version of Lightroom are you using?

Which camera and model?

What is your exact workflow?

Do you receive any sort of error message when you import?

Regards,

Chetna

• 3. Re: My lightroom doesn't sync/ import photos on my Mac
              conie3344 Level 1

Hello Chetna,

Thank you for replying. I'm using Lightroom CC (2015), recently just reinstalled on my iMac (purchased in 2015 spring). My camera is Canon 7D. I'm a design fashion student but far from being a professional graphic person, so the workflow should be manageable. As I didn't open several windows working at the sample time, possibly just lightroom and Apple photo app on my desktop.

As for the error message, I didn't get any. I only noticed that the sync processing bar stayed not moving and the message below stating the sync photo number just up and down (for example, jumping from ascending 1-10 and onwards... then suddenly back and forth from 15 to 10... 9...6... and 5 again) Sorry if this doesn't make sense. Basically the sync photo number wasn't making any sense, that's what I mean. And the whole lightroom app on my imac just froze.

Thank you and regards,

Connie

• 4. Re: My lightroom doesn't sync/ import photos on my Mac
                conie3344 Level 1

Hello Dj_paige,

Thanks for your message. I'm using Lightroom CC (2015), recently just reinstalled on my iMac (purchased in 2015 spring). My camera is Canon 7D and the photo format... I'm not sure what the setting is on my camera, but it seems not problem to directly upload photos from the camera to Apple Photo app on the iMac. Sorry, if I didn't answer your question.

I'm a design fashion student but far from being a professional graphic person, so the workflow should be manageable. As I didn't open several windows working at the sample time, possibly just lightroom and Apple photo app on my desktop.

As for the error message, I didn't get any. I only noticed that the sync processing bar stayed not moving and the message below stating the sync photo number just up and down (for example, jumping from ascending 1-10 and onwards... then suddenly back and forth from 15 to 10... 9...6... and 5 again) Sorry if this doesn't make sense. Basically the sync photo number wasn't making any sense, that's what I mean. And the whole lightroom app on my imac just froze.

Thank you and regards,

Connie

• 5. Re: My lightroom doesn't sync/ import photos on my Mac
                  dj_paige Level 9
                  Lightroom CC (2015)

Yes, but what specific version of Lightroom CC 2015? Go to the menu command Help->About Adobe Photoshop Lightroom ...

Can you try importing the desired photos instead of synchronizing the folder?

• 6. Re: My lightroom doesn't sync/ import photos on my Mac
                    conie3344 Level 1

Hello Dj_Paige,

Thanks again for replying so quick. My Lightroom version is : CC 2015.3 [ 1052427 ]. Now I just upload my photos to my iMac photo app first, and then drag the photos to a folder on desktop. Then, import the photos from the desktop folder to lightroom. In that way, I seem to be able to transfer the camera photos to lightroom. Just a bit inconvenient to be honest. But I don't know if there's any other alternative I can try.

Thank you,

Connie

• 7. Re: My lightroom doesn't sync/ import photos on my Mac
                      dj_paige Level 9

Inconvenient, yes, because there's no need to use BOTH Lightroom and your iMac Photo app, in fact in my opinion using BOTH is not a good idea. You could simply import directly into Lightroom from either the camera card or from the existing folder location. I'm not even sure I understand why we were talking about synchronizing at the start because importing does work.

• 8. Re: My lightroom doesn't sync/ import photos on my Mac
                        conie3344 Level 1

Hello Dj_Paige,

Umm... the thing is the photos on my camera cannot be directly imported to Lightroom . And yea, I will try to move all my photos from photo app to lightroom. I used to use it only if I wanna edit certain photos.

• 9. Re: My lightroom doesn't sync/ import photos on my Mac
                          conie3344 Level 1

ohhh... right... i just got what you meant. Sorry I misunderstood. I will use a card reader to extract the photos on my  camera memory card next time

• 10. Re: My lightroom doesn't sync/ import photos on my Mac
                            Geoff the kiwi Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Connie, if you are importing them to Photos app, please don't. You may need to disable Photos opening automatically when the card is connected to your Mac. You will see the checkbox in the top right of Photos when it opens with the card connected.

Then after that just launch Lightroom and click Import and the card will show in the menu..... look at a video on AdobeTV about importing for good instructions...