2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2009 7:54 PM by Newsgroup_User

3d

Level 7
      Is Lingo's or Shockwave's 3d environment a replacement for the Havok Xtra?
      I am interested in developing a simulation of a hand using a dental probe in
      a model of a mouth and I'm wondering Shockwave 3d will fit my need. It
      would be controlled by the mouse.

--
      Craig

• 1. Re: 3d
          Level 7
          Havok is (or was) an add-on for shockwave 3d which provides realtime
          physics. If you do not need that sort of thing (gravity, spring motion,
          etc), then you have no need of Havok (or Aegia for more recent versions
          of Director). Depending upon what you need to do exactly, Shockwave 3d
          may be a good fit for your project. It is pretty easy to bring in the
          models from 3d Studio Max or Maya (or other 3d apps) and deal with the
          mouse interactivity with Lingo.
          • 2. Re: 3d
            Level 7
            Thanks Mike. All I need is to be able to detect collisions and restrict
            movement based on certain boundaries of the model (s)

--
            Craig

"Mike Blaustein" <mblaustein@gmail.com> wrote in message
            news:gmqe8b$r7a$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > Havok is (or was) an add-on for shockwave 3d which provides realtime
            > physics. If you do not need that sort of thing (gravity, spring motion,
            > etc), then you have no need of Havok (or Aegia for more recent versions of
            > Director). Depending upon what you need to do exactly, Shockwave 3d may
            > be a good fit for your project. It is pretty easy to bring in the models
            > from 3d Studio Max or Maya (or other 3d apps) and deal with the mouse
            > interactivity with Lingo.