3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2016 12:55 PM by Ejret

Pictures from iPad camera roll to Lightroom mobile looks bad.

Ejret

Hi I am shooting with Leica MP 240. While transfer photos through a card reader to my Ipad Pro camera roll, the quality of the pictures looks great.  But when I add a photo to Lightroom mobile app they look really bad. It look like it the picture had been compressed very much... I have now even compared photos taked by the iPhone. The picture quality in cameraroll is perfect but not in Lightroom mobile What is the reason?  Bug? Looking forward to see your comments.

• 1. Re: Pictures from iPad camera roll to Lightroom mobile looks bad.
          sarsaxen Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Ejret,

The image quality will be different in both Lightroom Mobile and Camera Roll

Lightroom shows us a smart preview of the images, not the original RAW file captured by the camera.

Could you please check the image quality at Lightroom.adobe.com page and check if that also looks bad.

If your image looks unexpectedly bad, then please share the images screenshot in camera roll and Lightroom Mobile.

Regards

Sarika

• 2. Re: Pictures from iPad camera roll to Lightroom mobile looks bad.
            Ejret Level 1

Hi Sarika,

Thank you for very fast reply. I appreciate it a lot. Well, I know about the smart preview of the the raw images. I have been using Lightroom since it saw the first daylight    

This is not about a raw file. It is a jpg file from the camera transfered to iPad by a card reader. The difference in quality is huge betwwen how it look in the native camerarroll in iPhone an iPad compare how it look like in the Lightroom mobile app. This is also occure with photos taken by the iPhone camera. The pictures look very different betwwen the camera roll and the Lightroom mobile app.

I think it's a bug, because I can't see anything difference between pictures in the camera roll and the Lightroom mobile app of the pictures I took 3 months ago or longer.

Here is screenshots of the same picture in camera roll and Lightroom mobile. Note the difference at the sticker under the front side window. The text (SMC) looks good at the picture from the cameraroll but is invisible in Lightroom mobile. I have not edited the picture in none application. It's cames straight from the camera in to iPad camera roll map.

Best regards

Terje

8 jan. 2016 kl. 12:03 skrev sarsaxen <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Pictures from iPad camera roll to Lightroom mobile looks bad.

created by sarsaxen in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion

Hi Ejret,

The image quality will be different in both Lightroom Mobile and Camera Roll

Lightroom shows us a smart preview of the images, not the original RAW file captured by the camera.

Could you please check the image quality at Lightroom.adobe.com page and check if that also looks bad.

If your image looks unexpectedly bad, then please share the images screenshot in camera roll and Lightroom Mobile.

Regards

Sarika

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8371036#8371036 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8371036#8371036

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 3. Re: Pictures from iPad camera roll to Lightroom mobile looks bad.
              Ejret Level 1

Here is screenshots of the same picture in camera roll and Lightroom mobile. Note the difference at the sticker under the front side window. The text (SMC) looks good at the picture from the cameraroll but is invisible in Lightroom mobile...

image.jpeg

image.png