4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2016 8:04 AM by A.T. Romano

Motion Tracking Doesn't work in Premiere Elements 14 :-(

VitaminCC

Hi,

I just purchased Premiere Elements 14 and want to use motion tracking but experience this problem:

Object in video clip is recognized and tracked well as the yellow rectangle indicates but when I try to drop a graphics to be attached to the tracked object the yellow frame never turns blue indicating that attachment has worked.

I am using GoPro AVI files on my Win10 64bit ASUS notebook.

Any hints how to solve the issue?

Thanks

VCC

• 1. Re: Motion Tracking Doesn't work in Premiere Elements 14 :-(
          A.T. Romano Level 7

vitamincc

What computer operating system? Have you updated 14 to the 14.1 Update yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates.

What is the model GoPro camera/settings of the camera for these "GoProAVI" Files. I will try to find some to road test them in Premiere Elements 14/14.1 Motion Tracking.

Is the problem confined to some or all files from this camera. Does this Motion Tracking work with videos with other formats and other tracking objects?

Please consider and supply more details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Motion Tracking Doesn't work in Premiere Elements 14 :-(
            VitaminCC Level 1

Thanks for your quick reply, ATR!

I use Win 10 - 64bit wth 14.1 update in place and want to process 1280x720@120fps clips.

The object tracking works perfectly (yellow frame moves as object moves in clip) but what doesn't work is that the tracked objects yellow frame changes to blue and therefore nothing can be attached for tracking.

I tried many clips with all types of contrast and tracking (yellow frame) is ok but attaching an object doesn't. :-(

Thanks for any hint.

VCC

• 3. Re: Motion Tracking Doesn't work in Premiere Elements 14 :-(
              A.T. Romano Level 7

VCC

Thanks for the reply and important troubleshooting information.

For troubleshooting purposes, how does the Premiere Elements 14/14.1 Motion Tracking work if you were to use 1280 x 720 @ 25 or 29.97 frames per second? Same problem with Motion Tracking as with the 120 fps version?

Right now I would like to rule in or out the 120 fps of the video that you are using in Motion Tracking. I am trying to find a sample video online to take the point.

To be continued....

ATR

• 4. Re: Motion Tracking Doesn't work in Premiere Elements 14 :-(
                A.T. Romano Level 7

VCC

Just an update...I have not yet found any sample for GoPro 720p120 online yet.

If you have not done the 720p30 versus 720p120 Premiere Elements 14/14.1 Motion Tracking test yet, would you consider sending a small sample clip as a shareable link from Google Drive or Dropbox posted in your thread reply?

Thank you.

ATR