12 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2016 8:50 AM by mtaflyfisher

Why is every post in a thread being moderated?

BKKDon Level 4

Even a response with no links is being moderated for approval ... why?

• 1. Re: Why is every post in a thread being moderated?
          Jeff Schewe Level 5

Well DOOOH...posts to the forum are not "free speech", ya know? This is a public forum hosted by Adobe but it's not "journalism". You wanna post here, expect moderation.

• 2. Re: Why is every post in a thread being moderated?
            BKKDon Level 4

Despite your sarcastic remark which indicates why moderation is required, in some peoples cases, it is extremely unusual and I asked this because i can understand links but normal posts that just state that an error message means " ".

Thank you for your intelligent contribution but it still hasn't answered the question because you are not a Admin, Staff or Moderator.

I guess that is why you selected your own answer as the correct one?

• 3. Re: Why is every post in a thread being moderated?
              deepakg1988 Adobe Employee

Hi,

May i know even a post with a simple query is being added for moderation.?

Thanks

• 4. Re: Why is every post in a thread being moderated?
                BKKDon Level 4

Hi,

Sure it was my answer to this thread Re: Failed to process image: Error code: 1004

It is currently the last answer in the thread ... Donald Maclean Jan 9, 2016 10:15 AM

Obviously I understand links may need to be moderated but this is strange.

• 5. Re: Why is every post in a thread being moderated?

I checked the last response that you made in the thread , it has been posted successfully. It has been not been added for any approval for moderation

• 6. Re: Why is every post in a thread being moderated?
                    BKKDon Level 4

Hi,

Actually it was, I received this moderator notification after it was flagged in the thread as awaiting moderator approval

Your content has been approved: Re: Failed to process image: Error code: 1004

5 hours ago

OK

• 7. Re: Why is every post in a thread being moderated?
                      Geoff the kiwi Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Don, over the past few months there have been changes to the spam filters and to how moderation works and the people moderating.

The reason is simply the spam filters, why in your case I don't know and I haven't the time to look. Do you have a problem (it is not a personal thing) with moderation and the time it takes???

• 8. Re: Why is every post in a thread being moderated?

Thanks for sharing this.

I have forwarded this to the team, to have a check on it.

• 9. Re: Why is every post in a thread being moderated?
                          BKKDon Level 4

Geoff the kiwi wrote:

Don, over the past few months there have been changes to the spam filters and to how moderation works and the people moderating.

The reason is simply the spam filters, why in your case I don't know and I haven't the time to look. Do you have a problem (it is not a personal thing) with moderation and the time it takes???

The issue here is that I personally don't have a problem, it is annoying though, but obviously the spam filters have problems when you compose a reply with no links and no word triggers that starts a moderator approval process that takes 25 minutes. I simply ask the question to bring it to the notice of the Admin here because, although it is sponsored by Adobe, it is a user to user forum and some of the responses getting moderated have no reason to be so.

Now I also apologize because I know little about Jive and I know Adobe forums have a large volume of questions and responses but I moderate and admin a couple of other forums (not Jive but Discourse, phpBB and Wordpress) and we don't seem to have the problems that are apparent here.

Just saying coz it does turn people away.

• 10. Re: Why is every post in a thread being moderated?
                            Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

BKKDon wrote:

Geoff the kiwi wrote:

The issue here is that I personally don't have a problem, it is annoying though, but obviously the spam filters have problems when you compose a reply with no links and no word triggers that starts a moderator approval process that takes 25 minutes. I simply ask the question to bring it to the notice of the Admin here because, although it is sponsored by Adobe, it is a user to user forum and some of the responses getting moderated have no reason to be so.

Now I also apologize because I know little about Jive and I know Adobe forums have a large volume of questions and responses but I moderate and admin a couple of other forums (not Jive but Discourse, phpBB and Wordpress) and we don't seem to have the problems that are apparent here.

Just saying coz it does turn people away.

I agree completely. I have had my posts moderated for no good reason. Usually in certain threads every post I make get sent for moderation. But then I post I make to a different thread 1-2 minute before or after the one that got moderated goes through without problems.

I made a post about it 1 - 1.5 weeks ago in this forum and it got moved over to another forum where I was told it wasn't Adobe's fault because they don't own the forum software. JIVE owns it and makes all the changes. Which I think is completely false. I rent, not own, LR and PS, similar to Adobe Renting the forum software from JIVE. But I can and do make numerous changes to these piece of software to fit my needs.

• 11. Re: Why is every post in a thread being moderated?
                              dj_paige Level 9

Adding to the above comments

If I post a link to adobe.com, why does that require any moderation at all? It seems like the presence of a hyperlink is one thing that triggers the moderation to kick in, but can't we have smarter rules? A link to adobe.com as well as to several other well-known websites (like lightroomqueen.com) ought to be recognized and not trigger moderation.

• 12. Re: Why is every post in a thread being moderated?
                                mtaflyfisher

Every response I have made in my own question (Failed to process image: Error code: 1004) today has been moderated as well. Takes a 5 or so minutes to be approved. No links in text.

This was not the case yesterday...