0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2009 5:24 AM by tmuldo

Looking to extend the ThreadPoolExecutor used by the RTMP-Worker thread

tmuldo Level 1
      In JBoss 4.2.3, the RTMP-Worker thread uses the edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor by default. I want to use a custom ThreadPoolExecutor that extends it instead but I don't know how to inform JBoss, or is it Flex, to use my custom ThreadPoolExecutor instead. I've posted this same note in the JBoss forums but have not had any response as of yet. As such, I'm reaching out to the Flex community.

Thanks, Tom

PS. Here's a small stack trace that depicts the ThreadPoolExecutor class (and related Flex classes)...

Daemon Thread [RTMP-Worker-61] (Suspended (breakpoint at line 119 in com.firstbest.flex.RemotingServiceJavaAdapter))
      com.xyz.flex.RemotingServiceJavaAdapter.invoke(flex.messaging.messages.Message) line: 119
      flex.messaging.services.RemotingService.serviceMessage(flex.messaging.messages.Message) line: 173
      flex.messaging.MessageBroker.routeMessageToService(flex.messaging.messages.Message, flex.messaging.endpoints.Endpoint) line: 1171
      flex.messaging.endpoints.RTMPEndpoint(flex.messaging.endpoints.AbstractEndpoint).serviceM essage(flex.messaging.messages.Message) line: 759
      flex.messaging.endpoints.rtmp.NIORTMPServer(flex.messaging.endpoints.rtmp.AbstractRTMPSer ver).dispatchMessage(flex.messaging.endpoints.rtmp.RTMPConnection, flex.messaging.io.tcchunk.TCMessage) line: 895
      flex.messaging.endpoints.rtmp.NIORTMPConnection$RTMPReader.run() line: 439
      edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(java.lan g.Runnable) line: 665
      edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run() line: 690
      java.lang.Thread.run() line: 595