What version of Premiere Elements, what computer operating system?
Are you working with an Internet connection?
What are you doing - burn to disc DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc or AVCHD on DVD disc?
What is happening
a. When you got to burn to disc DVD...you got an Encoder Activation message?
b. After you followed through getting Encoder Activation, did all your burn to fail with an error message? If so, what was that error message - transcoding error or something else? Did you try more than one DVD disc?
Check list -
1. If you cannot burn to disc, can you burn to Folder (4.7 GB) or Folder (8.5 GB) or ISO Image if your version has the ISO Image burn to choice?
2. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer? And are you running the programs as administrator (from user account with administrative privileges)? In addition, apply Run As Administrator to the Premiere Elements desktop icon by right clicking it and selecting and applying that option.
3. Is your video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card? How many video cards/graphics cards does your computer have? If Windows, see Device Manager/Display Adapters/.
4. What do you see as the reading for Space Required and reading for Bitrate in the burn dialog Quality area just before you hit the Burn button there (with check mark next to Fit Content to Available Space?
5. What is the content and complexity of your Timeline?
Let us start here and then decide what next based on the details in your reply. If any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.
We can go at whatever troubleshooting pace that you prefer.