6 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2006 8:02 AM by Newsgroup_User

rounded corners

mattyman0 Level 1
      I have a rectangle I made with the rectangle tool. If I slice the rectangle using the slice tool the option for the corner roundness goes away. Is there any way around this?

Thank You
        • 1. Re: rounded corners
          Level 7
          Apply the roundness before you slice?

Peter
          using the slice tool the option for the corner roundness goes away. Is there
          any way around this?
          |
          | Thank You

• 2. Re: rounded corners
            mattyman0 Level 1
            I'm sorry. I meant knife tool not slice tool
            • 3. Re: rounded corners
              Level 7

"mattyman0" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:e49pop$ram$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              | I'm sorry. I meant knife tool not slice tool

No problem, that's what I thought you meant.

I created a rectangle, applied a roundness of 25 and then cut it in half
              with the knife without loosing any of the roundness.

Peter

• 4. Re: rounded corners
                senocular
                You're not going to be able to retain the roundness option after cutting it, though. That is solely for rectngle shapes.

What you could do (Fireworks MX 2004+) is use the rounded rectangle auto shape. That shape gives you the option of rounding corners individually (using the ALT key I think). Then you can make two and round the left corners on one and the right corners on the other giving you the same effect as a rounded rectangle cut in two but still retaining editability for the rounded corners.
                • 5. Re: rounded corners
                  Level 7
                  senocular wrote:
                  > What you could do (Fireworks MX 2004+) is use the rounded rectangle auto
                  > shape. That shape gives you the option of rounding corners individually (using
                  > the ALT key I think). Then you can make two and round the left corners on one
                  > and the right corners on the other giving you the same effect as a rounded
                  > rectangle cut in two but still retaining editability for the rounded corners.

In FW8 it's all doable numerically through the AutoShape Properties
                  panel... quicker and much more precise than dragging control points with
                  the mouse.

--
                  St�phane Bergeron
                  reach : connect : communicate
                  http://www.webfocusdesign.com
                  blog : tutorials : articles : gallery
                  http://www.pixelyzed.com
                  • 6. Re: rounded corners
                    Level 7

"St�phane Bergeron" <news@webfocusdesign.com> wrote in message
                    news:e4a3p6$b2v$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                    | senocular wrote:
                    | > What you could do (Fireworks MX 2004+) is use the rounded rectangle
                    auto
                    | > shape. That shape gives you the option of rounding corners individually
                    (using
                    | > the ALT key I think). Then you can make two and round the left corners
                    on one
                    | > and the right corners on the other giving you the same effect as a
                    rounded
                    | > rectangle cut in two but still retaining editability for the rounded
                    corners.
                    |
                    | In FW8 it's all doable numerically through the AutoShape Properties
                    | panel... quicker and much more precise than dragging control points with
                    | the mouse.

And there's always the trusty Fillet command from...

http://www.projectfireworks.com/Lab.aspx?show=extension_fw_3_4.html

Peter