2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2016 7:51 AM by A.T. Romano

I have PSE 11 on my laptop and trying to install on new PC Product registered. After download via Adobe website I cannot open

royb61248244

I have a registered copy of PSE 11 on moy laptop. I wish to install it on  a new pc using win10 (upgrade) After download via Adobe website I cannot open the file, either with Adobe read-me or any other app I have tied.

Any remedy please.

• 1. Re: I have PSE 11 on my laptop and trying to install on new PC Product registered. After download via Adobe website I cannot open
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If you're asking about Photoshop Elements, it might be best to post to the Photoshop Elements forum.

But that said, did you download the Zip file? And, if so, have you extracted it before you've attempted to install it?

I think Windows 10 has an extractor built into it. But, if not, you can use this one.

http://www.7-zip.org/

• 2. Re: I have PSE 11 on my laptop and trying to install on new PC Product registered. After download via Adobe website I cannot open
            A.T. Romano Level 7

royb

I went through the process that you are describing the other day with Photoshop Elements 11 on Windows 10 64 bit and will share the details with you.

You should not have to look to other program to unzip anything if you have downloaded all the correct and needed files for the installation by the following route.

1. Go to Adobe Other Downloads for your installation files for Photoshop Elements 11

Download Photoshop Elements | 14, 13, 12, 11, 10

Make sure you are in the Photoshop Elements 11 section. If your language is English and your computer 64 bits, there are two files that you have to download to your computer example - desktop.

PhotoshopElements_11_WWEFDJ.7z (that is for the program)

and

PhotoshopElements_11_WWEFDJ.exe (this is for the extraction)

2. Only after both files have been downloaded to your computer desktop, double click the .exe file to begin the extraction. The rest is essentially following online instructions. No need for you to do anything to the 7z file.

3. At the end of the above, you will end up with two options...

a. Launch (I would recommend this)

or

b. Open to Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 Folder that has been placed automatically on your desktop.

(if you select "b", you install Photoshop Elements 11 by opening the Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 Folder, double clicking the PSE11 Folder inside it. Inside the PSE11 Folder scroll to the Setup file (application about 1688 KB file size) and double click it to begin the installation and following the on screen instructions.

Moving forward into your Photoshop Elements workflows, please take advantage of the specialized expertise at the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum.

Photoshop Elements

Best wishes

ATR