3 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2006 5:25 PM by Newsgroup_User

Email recordset

sonic1968
      I am trying to set up a simple record set to allow a member to add and remove their email address. The data will be held in the record set and used to mail out a newsletter.

Does anyone have the relevant coding to all me to do this. I have tried a couple of times but without any luck.

Many thanks in advance
        • 1. Re: Email recordset
          bregent Most Valuable Participant
          What server model? What mail component?
          • 2. Re: Email recordset
            Level 7
            Where are you at? What are you using?

What server, what language? (ie, PHP, ASP, ColdFusion)

What database? Have you setup your database?

How did you build your page?

"sonic1968" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:e41s1b$9vj$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            >I am trying to set up a simple record set to allow a member to add and
            >remove
            > their email address. The data will be held in the record set and used to
            > mail
            > out a newsletter.
            >
            > Does anyone have the relevant coding to all me to do this. I have tried a
            > couple of times but without any luck.
            >
            > Many thanks in advance
            >

• 3. Re: Email recordset
              Level 7
              In article <e41s1b$9vj$1@forums.macromedia.com>,
              "sonic1968" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote:

> I am trying to set up a simple record set to allow a member to add and remove
              > their email address. The data will be held in the record set and used to
              > mail
              > out a newsletter.
              >
              > Does anyone have the relevant coding to all me to do this. I have tried a
              > couple of times but without any luck.
              >
              > Many thanks in advance

All you need is something many web hosts provide. Mine allows me to set
              up the form, gather the email address (and anything else I want) then
              the host stores in in the newsletter feature they offer. When I was
              ready to send the newsletter, just had to sign into the web panel, add
              the text and send to all subscribers.

It is considered also to be proper newsletter-etiquette to provide
              unsubscribe. So, each newsletter I sent had a *mandatory* tag line with
              the URL to unsubscribe. I create the form. It sends the email address
              back to the server.