9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2017 5:28 AM by lnayal

extract PSD stuck at 90%

lindah11701

Trying to extract a PSD into dreamweaver cc on a Mac.  The download keeps getting stuck at 90%.

• 1. Re: extract PSD stuck at 90%
          headTrix Adobe Community Professional

seems you have an older version of Photoshop. Try using the slice tool has been around for a while.
          not sure what version you are using... but this video I created my help!

Photoshop Training Tutorial | Slicing Images, Exporting PSD to HTML | Photoshop Training Los Angeles - YouTube

Cheers!

mark

• 2. Re: extract PSD stuck at 90%
            Nancy OShea Adobe Community Professional & MVP

headTrix  wrote

seems you have an older version of Photoshop. Try using the slice tool has been around for a while.
            not sure what version you are using... but this video I created my help!

Photoshop Training Tutorial | Slicing Images, Exporting PSD to HTML | Photoshop Training Los Angeles - YouTube

Cheers!

mark

Oh my gosh!  Image slices and horrible HTML code.  Not exactly stellar advice for responsive web or app designers.   The resulting code is rigid and too unstable for use in a real project.   At best, it's an OK approach for quick comps to show the client beforehand.   Once approved, it has to re-built with CSS, valid HTML and responsive images -- not slices.

The OP said they are using CC not Creative Suite.

Nancy

• 3. Re: extract PSD stuck at 90%
              Jon Fritz II Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Something doesn't seem right in that post.

They resurrected a  year old thread about an Extract issue in Dreamweaver by talking about the OP's use of an old version of Photoshop (which the OP never mentioned) and giving a link to their own Youtube channel talking about a totally different, outdated technique.

Seems like a spam backlink post to me.

• 4. Re: extract PSD stuck at 90%
                Nancy OShea Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I think you're right, Jon.  A total junk post.

Nancy

• 5. Re: extract PSD stuck at 90%

sorry, it was not a junk post. They mentioned trying to Extract a PSD.... and it wasn't working. I guess I read it too fast....So I was just trying to give them a work around so that they can still export their images. I was just trying to help. It was an old post, but nobody seemed to have responded to him so I tried to help. The link was to a slicing video in case the person did not know how to slice an image. I was only trying to help by offering a different solution to extract his images out of Photoshop so they could then be imported into Dreamweaver.

my apologies

• 6. Re: extract PSD stuck at 90%
                    Jon Fritz II Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There were a lot of posts about Extract Panel in Dreamweaver getting stuck back then.

At the time, there were likely several answered posts about the same subject in the forum already (probably why this post wasn't answered).

Normally, to un-stick the Extract Panel in Dreamweaver, users can log out of the program, wait a minute or two, then log back and open an html file. That typically allows them to start pulling CSS settings from their Photoshop comps to be added to their Dreamweaver source code.

I'm sure you can imagine, when asked, basically "how do I fix this so I can get the css info for my webpage?" receiving the answer "slice your images in photoshop", is pretty out of context.

1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: extract PSD stuck at 90%
                      pziecina Adobe Community Professional

It may be one of those posts that had the answers deleted at the end of last year, as i am marked as following this thread, but no answer is showing from me.

• 8. Re: extract PSD stuck at 90%

Yes I can totally see that. I was thinking he wanted to "extract" his images to dreamweaver. It was quickly written and quickly read. However, the slice tool in Photoshop can slice images and export the html with css, links, alt tags, ready to open up in Dreamweaver... perhaps not the best way, newest way, but it is possible.  I understand your point and your view, and I thank you for explaining how to solve the problem, as well as taking the time to write me back. I'm new... so I do appreciate your help and my apologies for appearing out of context.

Thanks Jon!

best,

mark

• 9. Re: extract PSD stuck at 90%
                          lnayal Adobe Employee

As a workaround I can suggest try uploading PSD file to

Adobe Creative Cloud

Uploaded files will reflect in Extract once it gets synced.

2 people found this helpful